X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanata Chess Club Still Exists?

I found this:

http://www.ottawacommunitynews.com/n...s-coming-back/

dated about a year ago. I have a couple of students in Kanata who would like to play locally but I don't see any contact info. Does anyone know if this club still exists?

Thanks!
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Kanata Chess Club Still Exists?

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
    I found this:

http://www.ottawacommunitynews.com/n...s-coming-back/

dated about a year ago. I have a couple of students in Kanata who would like to play locally but I don't see any contact info. Does anyone know if this club still exists?

Thanks!
    Hi Tom, I dunno about this "Kanata Chess Club", but FYI, on Sunday evenings, I run a kids club in Kanata, and my top group includes a CMA-rated game per week, followed by group analysis of instructive games, etc. How good are these students of yours that are looking for a Kanata club? Maybe they are too strong for my club?

I'll try calling you early this coming week to chat.

Comment

The Kanata Chess Club is still in operation. We meet every Wednesday evening from 7pm - 9 pm at the St Martin de Porres public school, 20 McKitrick Drive, Kanata. The city lets us have the space without charge while the school is open, so basically we shut down during the summer and during the Xmas and Spring breaks. We don't have many members but we're trying to keep it active in anticipation of the Carlsen surge !?!

Contact Dave Anderson at 613-836-6869 for further information.
      Last edited by Gordon Taylor; Monday, 20th January, 2014, 01:07 PM. Reason: sp as per Gordon Ritchie

Comment

I assume you mean Carlsen

Comment

Hi GT, thanks for the info. The two students I have in mind are about 1400 CFC and 1100 CFC, respectively. I'll try to beef up your club membership from afar. ;-)
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
          X