Old Chess Informats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Chess Informats

I have several boxes of old Chess Informants, from 1967 to about 1990 or so. Since I haven't looked at any of them in years, I am thinking of disposing of them. Given that all historical Informants are (I believe) now on DVD, I'm wondering if there is anyone still interested in the paper versions, or should I just dump them in the recycle bin?

Re: Old Chess Informats

Originally posted by Ken Kurkowski View Post
    I have several boxes of old Chess Informants, from 1967 to about 1990 or so. Since I haven't looked at any of them in years, I am thinking of disposing of them. Given that all historical Informants are (I believe) now on DVD, I'm wondering if there is anyone still interested in the paper versions, or should I just dump them in the recycle bin?
    PM wrote

some text to get 10 characters

Comment

Don't dump them in the recycle bin. Try Ebay or maybe ask the CCCA (Canadian Correspondence Chess Association) if they are interested. They do have value.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

... I'm wondering if there is anyone still interested in the paper versions, or should I just dump them in the recycle bin?
        The latter is the approach of the Harper regime. However, annotated games by GMs are an important means for players to improve. And not everyone can afford, or want, those DVDs.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a home for them. Public library?
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

If you can't sell them - give them away. Take them to the next tournament, and they will disappear quickly. Kids (well - maybe older ones) would appreciate them.

Comment

Working...
          X