How many views should advanced chess study content have to be considered gone viral?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many views should advanced chess study content have to be considered gone viral?

One of my chesstalk blogs now has close to 54000 views (after an initial burst of viewing months ago).

The blog in question is: My idea of an impeccable composite repertoire fit for Super GM play.

As of this post there have been already at least 53991 views.

My question is, if any content going viral on the internet is at least sometimes defined as 1,000,000+ views, should there be a more relaxed definition of viral for advanced chess study content (since chess is not played seriously by 1,000,000+ people)? Say 100,000+ views (forgetting for a moment that some might say my above blog doesn't quite qualify as advanced chess study content)?

[edit: as of this edit, the CFC website has had 226,127 'unique visitor' hits, by contrast.]
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Saturday, 25th January, 2014, 07:47 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Re: How many views should advanced chess study content have to be considered gone vir

Here's a link that mentions a (non-chess) blog getting 100,000+ views and thus perhaps being considered viral:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kiriblak...ng-go-viral/2/

As I mentioned in the edit to my first post of this thread, the CFC website's hit counter has recorded 226000+ so-called unique visitors so far.

I couldn't find a hit counter on the USCF website, but maybe I didn't look hard enough.
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re: How many views should advanced chess study content have to be considered gone vir

Sorry, but that's not the definition of viral.

Viral is an exponential growth over a short period of time, followed by a decline and fall into oblivion. A chess blog is just not likely to become 'viral'.

Comment

You guys ever heard of this "Harlem Shake" video? I've heard it's quite popular with the kids these days.

Comment

Working...
        X