OYCC 2014 Easter weekend in Kitchener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OYCC 2014 Easter weekend in Kitchener

This is now definite. I have confirmed with the organizers. I will let Patrick McDonald post further when he gets around to it.

Re: OYCC 2014 Easter weekend in Kitchener

Yup, the OYCC - Ontario Youth Chess Championships are on Easter Weekend at Kitchener City Hall this year. Friday, Saturday and Sunday!Check out the event website at: www.oycc.ca This is the official Ontario Youth chamionship as well as a CYCC qualifier ... AND a CYCC bursary event helping to support our top Ontario players going to the CYCC.We are also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth
    ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
    Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Comment

For Ottawa-area players who are OK with faster time controls, IM Tom O'Donnell and I are planning a 1-day CYCC qualifier on the Easter Monday. For a few years now, this has been a traditional Ottawa CYCC qualifier date, and we are relieved that it does not actually conflict with the OYCC, which will run only from Good Friday to Easter Sunday.

Best regards, Ottawa Aris.

Comment

Aris,
        Great to hear you are going to be qualifying players to the CYCC again this year.
        All,
        As Aris points out, his tournament is using the shorter time controls that enable running the tournament in one day. The OYCC will be using the same time controls as the CYCC and WYCC with 90 minutes 30 seconds Fischer increment.
        Have a look at the Ontario Youth Chess Championships website at: www.oycc.ca
        Like us on Facebook
        Visit us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ontarioyouth
        Share this site with your friends ...

See you there ...
        ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
        Patrick McDonald

:D********;)

Comment

Online registration now available!
          ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
          Patrick McDonald