Spraggett's blog referenced in Chessbase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraggett's blog referenced in Chessbase.

Well, here's a first. Spragget's blog gets a link on Chessbase. This should spike his views.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/contrac...son-memorandum

Personal thoughts regarding the content of his site aside, I hope that Kevin is not sued. This is someone with the resources to ruin Spraggett if he wishes.

Re: Spraggett's blog referenced in Chessbase.

I must admit I find the whole thing sickening. In both of the warring camps they have apparently negotiated (and in the case of Agon, signed) agreements that are palpably improper, only to then claim that subsequent negotiations cleaned up the egregious conflicts of interest. They must take us all for complete fools. As a former negotiator and businessman myself, I cannot conceive how one might "accidentally" negotiate even a preliminary text of an agreement, let alone sign or even initial one, that so obviously breached ethical and probably legal norms in such patently obvious ways. And as a past organizer and sponsor of chess events I cannot conceive how any genuine sponsor, corporate or personal, would have anything to do with events organized by any of them. It is tragic that the great sport we love has become so corrupted but I guess that does not make us unique among international sports federations.

Comment

Incidentally Chessbase said they will not reproduce the documents to save them from lawsuits, but then link directly to a site with said documents available. The courts in many countries have found that this amounts to exactly the same thing (part of how they go after torrent sites mainly, but also applies to libel law, etc).
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
        Incidentally Chessbase said they will not reproduce the documents to save them from lawsuits, but then link directly to a site with said documents available. The courts in many countries have found that this amounts to exactly the same thing (part of how they go after torrent sites mainly, but also applies to libel law, etc).
        I'm wondering if you're not misinterpreting Chessbase here.

It is Spraggett who got the written response. So though while it is fair use
        for Chessbase news to reference them, or even reproduce them in part,
        they are averse to reprinting them if they're still being shown by
        Spraggett, the recipient himself. Hence their comment.

Comment

Working...
        X