Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2014 North American Youth Championship June 12-16, 2014 - Tarrytown, NY

More info at: www.ChessEducators.com/northamericanyouth

Re: The 2014 North American Youth Championship June 12-16, 2014 - Tarrytown, NY

The Organizers have contacted me, and I am trying to contact Frank Lee, our Youth Coordinator. Maybe I have his email address incorrect? Could someone send me any of his contact info, or feel free to send him my email address.

Thanks and regards, Aris Marghetis.

Comment

flee1@sympatico.ca

Frank is not known for the speed at which he replies to emails.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        flee1@sympatico.ca

Frank is not known for the speed at which he replies to emails.
        Hi John, yup, that is the email address I used, thanks for helping confirm.
        Does anyone know him well enough to call him to ask him to reply/call me?

Thanks again, and best regards, Aris Marghetis.

Comment

Would Frank also be the person to engage in order to lock in an Ottawa CYCC Qualifier?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            Would Frank also be the person to engage in order to lock in an Ottawa CYCC Qualifier?
            You should send the announcement to Frank Lee, the CFC office and you can copy me as well. I believe the rules are that the announcement should be sent to the CFC office or the Youth Coordinator. If you don't hear from the either the office or the youth coordinator in a day or two your tournament is accepted. The only reason there might be some controversy is if two tournaments are organized so as to conflict in the same city or near vicinity or if you try to organize it outside of the relevant rules for these events. After the fact you have to send in the fees which are $2.00 plus partial HST consisting of $0.50 plus HST rating fee and $1.50 per player donation to the youth fund. The fees are capped at $400 plus partial HST so if you organize a qualifier for two hundred or more kids your fees are reduced somewhat.

Comment

Vlad, I have emailed Frank, but I understand that he might not check his email often. Could you email me his phone?

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Comment

Vlad, I have emailed Frank, but I understand that he might not check his email often. Could you email me his phone?

Hi again Vlad, or Michael from the office, could you ask Frank to see his email for mine, or email me his phone(s)?

Comment

Hi again Vlad, or Michael from the office, could you ask Frank to see his email for mine, or email me his phone(s)?

Frank, Michael, Vlad ...
                  I was approached by the NAYCC organizers last month, and I have been trying to connect with our key CFC people since at least January 31st (when Hal graciously sent my email to Mr.Lee) Can anyone help us connect?!
                  Thanks again, and best regards, Aris.

Comment

Frank, Michael, Vlad ...
                    I was approached by the NAYCC organizers last month, and I have been trying to connect with our key CFC people since at least January 31st (when Hal graciously sent my email to Mr.Lee) Can anyone help us connect?!
                    Thanks again, and best regards, Aris.
                    I sent you an email. The best way to get my attention quickly is to send me an email with a clear subject at my hotmail account that you occasionally email tournament announcements to. For something like this you will get a response in a few hours at the most and a few minutes if I see it right away. My forum reading is hit or miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      I sent you an email. The best way to get my attention quickly is to send me an email with a clear subject at my hotmail account that you occasionally email tournament announcements to. For something like this you will get a response in a few hours at the most and a few minutes if I see it right away. My forum reading is hit or miss.
                      Got your email overnight, thanks! :)

Comment

Working...
                      X