We want your lunch money! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want your lunch money! :)

We have booked the Mohawk Inn again for June 21-22, 2014.
    We haven’t decided on the official tournament name yet, so let’s just go with the obvious name, the Campbellville Summer Open 2014. Details to be announced.

The entry fee will be increasing by $30 to include two lunches. The biggest difficulty with the Campbellville location is that food options are limited. Nevertheless, the Mohawk Inn is blessed with an excellent restaurant, The Mohawk Chop House. I ate there several times during our previous tournament, and the food was delicious.

The Mohawk Chop House will be catering our event for Saturday and Sunday lunch. We were there this morning to discuss some menu options. Details will be available in a couple of weeks, but we wanted to get some early feedback from players on our proposal. Players from the previous event will be receiving an email survey in the next week or so.

We feel it is a win-win scenario for both players and organizers. For the players, they get a great meal without the hassle of scrambling to find food and worrying about getting back in time for the next round. For us, the Mohawk Inn will again be extending us “lower than market” rental rates on the playing halls.

So, can we count on support from the players?
    Comments please!

Re: We want your lunch money! :)

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    We have booked the Mohawk Inn again for June 21-22, 2014.
    We haven’t decided on the official tournament name yet, so let’s just go with the obvious name, the Campbellville Summer Open 2014. Details to be announced.

The entry fee will be increasing by $30 to include two lunches. The biggest difficulty with the Campbellville location is that food options are limited. Nevertheless, the Mohawk Inn is blessed with an excellent restaurant, The Mohawk Chop House. I ate there several times during our previous tournament, and the food was delicious.

The Mohawk Chop House will be catering our event for Saturday and Sunday lunch. We were there this morning to discuss some menu options. Details will be available in a couple of weeks, but we wanted to get some early feedback from players on our proposal. Players from the previous event will be receiving an email survey in the next week or so.

We feel it is a win-win scenario for both players and organizers. For the players, they get a great meal without the hassle of scrambling to find food and worrying about getting back in time for the next round. For us, the Mohawk Inn will again be extending us “lower than market” rental rates on the playing halls.

So, can we count on support from the players?
    Comments please!

With a name like "Mohawk Chop House"... do they also offer haircuts? :)
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Hi Bob

Isn't June 21st the kitchener team tournament event ?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
        Hi Bob
        Isn't June 21st the kitchener team tournament event ?
        Gary
        Oh rats! Fiddle sticks and monkey wrenches…..
        I did check the KW schedule beforehand. So I either missed it or it was added recently?

Anyhow, we don't want to conflict with Kitchener Team Tournament, so we have cancelled.

I still would appreciate any thoughts on our "lunch included" idea. :)
        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Monday, 10th February, 2014, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X