X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a good chess read

http://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-s...good-car-chase

Re: Looks like a good chess read

Not available in Canada as I understand but can be imported from the U.K. via Amazon.

Comment

Re: Looks like a good chess read

Another good read is

Lisa: A Chess Novel

Originally posted by Anonymous
      I don’t know the author. I do play chess, virtually every day of my life. I was astonished by this book. It is filled with insight and beautifully written. I hope this author becomes widely known and receives the appreciation due to those with rare talent. This is not just a book about chess: it is literature.
      Here is an interview with the author.

Chess literature. Oh yeah.
      Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Sunday, 9th February, 2014, 04:07 PM.
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

a good read

Just finished yesterday. The novel can be read without paying attention to the chess. However, it is a richer experience with it. The following problem is posed to the protagonist, Lisa, by her teacher (the late Igor Ivanov).

White to play and draw. Composition by Alexey Alexeevich Seleznyev.

Comment

Paintings with Chess as their subject from 1400-2000

Paintings with Chess as their subject from the fifteenth to the twentieth century

The Epilogue of this academic work by Nicolas Sphicas (Thessaloniki 2008, 250 pp. or thereabouts) can be found at the above link. If you have an account at Academia.edu then you can probably get the whole book for download.
          Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Saturday, 17th January, 2015, 11:20 PM. Reason: author added

Comment

Working...
          X