Saturday Rapid - February 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Rapid - February 15

A very encouraging turnout last Saturday with about 20 masters and a total of 34 entries all but overwhelmed the TD's ability to post pairings in a timely manner - in fact the X-table was not available for several days! But then here it is >>>>>
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...morial-X-table
    Now this coming Saturday, there is the Spring Open at Hart House where the masters will mostly choose to play. So we will repeat our class-friendly format where the class prizes are double the usual amount.
    Please let me know if you might play so I can post a pre-reg list.

Re: Saturday Rapid - February 15

Vlad,

I had such a great time, I want to come back and try to redeem myself. Getting crushed by my old foe Brian Fiedler, who had the nerve to play my own opening the Dragon against me and then showed me some modern theory which was quite impressive. I love the atmosphere of playing in a pub like environment, where you can relax and have a drink and watch tv and chat in between rounds. Thank you for keeping the Saturday Rapid going all these years and sorry for ignoring you for all these years.

Comment

Re: Saturday Rapid - February 15

Thanks Ian for your kind words. The 15 minute control takes a little getting used to.
      Brian Fiedler usually gives advance notice of intent to play - so watch for him on the pre-reg list if you're out for revenge.
      I look forward to seeing you in the lists. - Vlad D

Comment

Working...
      X