Ontario - Next Provincial Government??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario - Next Provincial Government??

This is a bit discouraging:

Ontario Tories take slight lead over Liberals, NDP: poll :http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-to...poll-1.1689261

Bob A - ONDP Supporter

Re: Ontario - Next Provincial Government??

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post

Ontario Tories take slight lead over Liberals, NDP: poll :http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-to...poll-1.1689261

Bob A - ONDP Supporter
    The results show the parties and leaders are tied within the typical error of the poll. I don't think that Ontarians are happy with any of the alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      The results show the parties and leaders are tied within the typical error of the poll. I don't think that Ontarians are happy with any of the alternatives.
      I absolutely agree.
      Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Monday, 17th February, 2014, 11:14 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
      Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

Re: Ontario - NDP - Next Ontario Provincial Government??

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ruben on another thread, 14/2/25:

1. "It's little wonder her [Lib Premier Wynne] voters are heading for the [Ontario] NDP."

2. "Horvath [Ont. NDP Leader] could easily be Premier in a minority government if she doesn't keep propping up the Liberals."

Remember, Gary called it for the next Ontario Provincial Govt. - NDP! What a seer!!

Bob A (NDP Supporter)
        Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 25th February, 2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Bob, don't forget there's a difference between writing "could be" and "will be". The first term is weasel wording. ;)
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Here is what is interesting. The Liberals have been hit by two failures and one scandal. The two failures are eHealth and ORNGE. Both though well intentioned, were very mismanaged. The scandal is the gas plant in Mississauga, where it became obvious that the decision to put a gas plant there may have made appropriate economic sense - but would surely lose a lot of votes as the local populace was against it. The right thing to do isn't always the popular thing to do - and the Liberals totally caved. There's no denying this.

And yet, in spite of this, the Liberals still hold roughly 1/3 of the vote! I would have thought Ms. Wynne would be a difficult choice for Ontario citizens to vote for. I'm surprised she's kept support as high as it is, so far. I see this as a testament to her management skills with teachers, etc.

The Conservatives should be much more popular. Their leader lags in popularity and is keeping the party down. There has been a long list of leaders to this party that have ruined their chances of re-election since Mike Harris. John Tory was one of them (let's not forget this).

The NDP - Horwath seems competent and media savvy. The people remember Bob Rae (for now).

I'd suggest what the polls don't show is that voter support is very very soft right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              Bob, don't forget there's a difference between writing "could be" and "will be". The first term is weasel wording. ;)
              Hi Gary:

It's your word! ;)

I'll leave it to you to explain it in a thousand words or less!

Bob A
              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 25th February, 2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

It's your word! ;)

I'll leave it to you to explain it in a thousand words or less!
                Winning isn't idiot proof. Opportunity knocks. It doesn't pound down your door. By the fall the climate might have changed. Probably you know something about climate change. ;)
                Gary Ruben
                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Progressive Conservatives - Next Provincial Minority Government??

Bob A - ONDP Supporter
                  New Forum Research Poll: The Progressive Conservatives, led by Tim Hudak, were at 35 per cent; Premier Kathleen Wynne’s governing minority Liberals at 32 per cent; the New Democrats, led by Andrea Horwath, were at 26 per cent; and Mike Schreiner’s Green Party was at 6 per cent.

http://www.thestar.com/news/queenspa...medium=twitter

Looks to me like another minority government at this point. Anyone think this is going to change before the looming election?

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Verman View Post
                    I'd suggest what the polls don't show is that voter support is very very soft right now.
                    Of course that suggests that if one of the candidates runs a good campaign they could win a majority IF enough people are paying attention.

Comment

A Globe Politics Tweet April 29 - Ontario Liberals, Tories neck-and-neck in Ontario polls.

Seems the Provincial NDP is not in the running this time, but may hold the balance of power again - negotiating with a minority government for support, for NDP policy implementation.

Bob A (Ont. NDP Supporter)

Feeling very pressured to vote strategically - Suspect Liberals need to trump Crazy Right PC's.

Comment

A Globe Politics Tweet April 29 - Ontario Liberals, Tories neck-and-neck in Ontario polls.

Seems the Provincial NDP is not in the running this time, but may hold the balance of power again - negotiating with a minority government for support, for NDP policy implementation.

Feeling very pressured to vote strategically - Suspect Liberals need to trump Crazy Right PC's.
                        So you're okay with the government bankrupting Ontario and doubling and tripling of energy costs? There were articles in the newspaper the last few days of the feds complaining about the energy costs in Ontario driving out manufacturers. There was another article about the local hospital complaining that the Ontario government has frozen their budget and the extra million dollars that they hadn't budgeted for energy costs was going to have to come out of their health care spending. My suggestion would be to start with cutting the salaries of local politicians that are on the hospital board but that's just me.

Comment

Remember what I told you about opportunity knocking but not breaking down the door? Sounds like even your support is soft.

Is the OFL supporting the NDP or have they moved on?
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Election Looming!: Ontario - Next Provincial Government??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Horvath(14)1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	185651

Ontario election looms as NDP’s Horwath pans Liberal budget:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...board/follows/

Bob A (ONDP Supporter - with a strategic voting problem - sigh - Premier Hudak???)
                            Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 2nd May, 2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Re: Election Looming!: Ontario - Next Provincial Government??

Bob A (ONDP Supporter - with a strategic voting problem - sigh - Premier Hudak???)
                              I have to admit to some surprise. Propping up the Libs would have given the NDP MPP's more pensionable time toward their pension plans.

I've never been a card carrying member of any political party. I vote for whoever I want.

Seems to me if someone who is a card carrying member of a political party votes for a different party they have an identity crisis. Either they believe the ideology or they don't.

Unless Horvath changes her mind again, she could lead the official opposition in a minority government. In that case the pressure would be on the liberals to sign an agreement which would make her premier. I expect the liberal vote to collapse.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X