Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Open 1997 Historical Footage

Hi:

Here is a small trip down memory lane for those of you who played in Winnipeg 1997. I finally found some time to edit footage of the Canadian Open in Winnipeg 1997 (only took me 11 years....not bad eh?). It remains the biggest tournament Winnipeg has ever organized, with 11 grandmasters and nearly 200 players....perhaps it started a trend of more and more GM's being invited to Canadian Opens? It contains footage of the event and tournament hall, interviews with players/organizers, etc. Some clips from Yanofsky, Hodgson, Spraggett, Psakhis, Shabalov, Smirin, Murey, etc. Ole Hellsten, Albert Boxer and others make an appearance, as do Hugh Brodie, Phil Haley, etc.. Just some moments that might be of interest to those who played and others. There is lots more raw footage. Pass along the link to anyone you might think is interested....

Cecil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMd3p8PE4a8

Re: Cdn Op 1997 Historical Footage

For those players who never met Abe Yanofsky there is a short clip of him that might be of interest in Cecil's video. I think I might add this to the Exclam! online blog or the Chess in Manitoba website.

Nicely done!
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Canadian Open 1997 Historical Footage

Hi Cecil - Good work! - hopefully this will encourage others to display footage from previous important Canadian events!

Comment

Working...
      X