University Teams organizers thank Larry Bevand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University Teams organizers thank Larry Bevand

On behalf of the Queen's University Chess Club, I want to extend sincere thanks to Larry Bevand, Executive Director of the Chess and Math Association, for his help with the 2009 University Teams Championships!!

Larry has been a keen supporter of our event for several years. This year, he gave the organizers a significant discount on a set of prize vouchers we arranged through CMA / Strategy Games. (And just a reminder to the winners: the vouchers expire after February 28, 2009!!)

Larry is one of the true stalwarts of Canadian chess, having had a hand in every aspect of the game's development for more than 30 years. He is respected nationally and internationally for his amazing energy, generous spirit, technical knowledge, pioneering ideas, bilingual support base, and strong business skills.

We want to wish him many more successes with Canadian chess in the years to come!!

:) :) :) :)

Re: University Teams organizers thank Larry Bevand

What kind of prize expires?

Comment

Re: University Teams organizers thank Larry Bevand

Re(4): Attn Frank Dixon
      Posted on February 2, 2009 at 08:02:36 PM by Frank Dixon

I'll post on chesstalk about the bizarre 'non-happening' from the University team event, probably tomorrow; it's been clarified so far as it probably can be, so stay tuned.

As to the other situation, certain details surrounding it and other unresolved problems are in preparation for the consideration of CFC President David Lavin. I may post also on chesstalk a short selection of points.

WELL?
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Working...
      X