Guelph Olympic Waive March 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guelph Olympic Waive March 29

As some of you have noticed, I have been appointed Deputy Chief Arbiter for the upcoming Candidates Matches in Khanty Mansiysk. It is a great honour to be chosen for this tournament, but it comes at a price.

The Guelph Spring Pro-Am, scheduled for March 29-30 has been cancelled.

My colleagues at the U of G Chess Club will host an Olympic Waive tournament on Saturday, March 29. More details are coming this week.

Re: Guelph Olympic Waive March 29

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
    My colleagues at the U of G Chess Club will host an Olympic Waive tournament on Saturday, March 29. More details are coming this week.
    Any details?

Comment

I got this email from Hal Bond but nothing was posted on chesstalk

Dear Chess Friends!

Greetings from Siberia! I hope you are enjoying the Candidates Tournament as much as I am. Due to my work here, the Guelph March Pro-Am has been replaced with a single day event. The games will be CFC rated, although CFC membership is not required.

The Guelph Chess Club will be holding a one-day, CFC-rated tournament on March 29th. All proceeds will go towards support of Canada's national teams, as they head to Norway in August to represent our nation at the 2014 Chess Olympiad. If you are interested in attending our tournament, please arrive on the 4th floor of the UC between 9am and 10am on the morning of the event. Entry fee will be $20. The anticipated format will see single round robin quad sections.

Details:

2014 Guelph Waive - March 29, 2014

Room 442, Guelph University Centre

3 Round RR

Quad Sections (based on rating)

Round Times: Saturday 10:00am, 2:00pm, ASAP Time Control: All rounds G/60 30 sec Entry Fees: $20 (all proceeds to Canada's National Chess Teams) Half Point Byes: Any missed round will be scored as a rated forfeit

Register: email chess@uoguelph.ca, or cash on site from 9:00-9:45 am Saturday.

I hope you are able to come out and support our Olympic Teams!

Best regards

Hal Bond

Comment

I spoke with Michael von Keitz yesterday. He is TD.
        It is advertised on the CFC website.
        I am going. A gluten for punishment. :)

Comment

Thanks Rene and Bob for refreshing this thread. It would be dishonest for me to say I wish I could be there in the current circumstance, even if today was the quietest round to date here at the Candidates. Both Khanty Mansiysk and Guelph are experiencing unseasonal weather. There was even a vernal whiff in the Siberian air today. The temperature was plus 4.

We are sending our strongest teams ever to the Norway Olympiad and we still need plenty of help to get them there! So I hope players, including non members and lapsed members will come out to fundraising tournaments such as the event in Guelph this weekend. Good luck to all on the 29th. Our Olympic Teams thank you!

Comment

Any Pre-registered list?

Comment

Working...
            X