Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDP to launch outpost in Saskatchewan, with taxpayers funding the staff

http://o.canada.com/news/national/nd...ing-the-staff/

I guess political corruption is not going to be an issue in the next election given the glass house and brick situation.

Re: NDP to launch outpost in Saskatchewan, with taxpayers funding the staff

The NDP could win a seat or two in new rural ridings in Sask.

The next election will likely be between the Cons and Libs. If the PQ gets a majority in the provincial election it is likely the Cons will win federally. They will be seen to be the best political party to negotiate any separation.

With Separation not being an issue the Cons will likely have a hard time. People like me have to vote to keep our mail delivery.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      The NDP could win a seat or two in new rural ridings in Sask.
      The point of my snarky comment was that the NDP are breaking the rules by asking the taxpayers to fund their party activities. They are not allowed to use parliamentary budgets to do that.

The next election will likely be between the Cons and Libs. If the PQ gets a majority in the provincial election it is likely the Cons will win federally. They will be seen to be the best political party to negotiate any separation.

With Separation not being an issue the Cons will likely have a hard time. People like me have to vote to keep our mail delivery.
      Whether you vote that way or not in the long run you won't be able to keep home mail delivery. Right now the PQ don't look like they are headed to a victory judging by the reports on the CBC and CTV though you can't trust any poll but the one on election day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        Whether you vote that way or not in the long run you won't be able to keep home mail delivery.
        If they can take away home mail deliver and still win the ridings where they are taking it away, good for them. I refuse to be a pawn in the war against the unions.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I live in a town of roughly 5000 people. Almost all the mail (90 %) gets delivered to the local post office. Then you have to make your way to the post office to collect it. From where we live it's a walk of about 15 minutes. For some people in the town it must be closer to a 30-minute walk. They are thinking of shutting down the post office and having us receive our mail in the next town over (about a 15 minute drive). Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for people who have to walk a block or two to pick up their mail.
          "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
            Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for people who have to walk a block or two to pick up their mail.
            It's a nice wedge issue. In some areas pits the elderly against guys like you who don't have problems walking the distance. It will likely come down to an election.

In this riding, it's currently Conservative federally. First time since the Mulroney government was defeated. Provincially, same boundaries, it's liberal.

When an MP can't get what you want change the MP.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
            X