Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Topalov Wins. Next Stop Anand.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
    I'm not really up on BC politics but didn't many Socreds move smoothly to the Liberal party after their party collapsed? In Ottawa there is currently the Conservatives and their Liberal supporters. :)

Don't care who wins the WC. FIDE Champion doesn't seem to be a long term proposition for anyone in recent years.
    yes the BC Liberal party has very little in common with the Federal Liberal party. The BC Liberals are really just the Socreds under a different name. They have far more in common with the Federal Conservatives.

As for the WC. I just kinda ignore the FIDE "champions" over the last decades... In my opinion Kasparov was the World Champion until 2000, then Kramnik was until 2007, Now Anand is the champion. Now that the titles are unified again, there is more meaning to the FIDE champion.

Comment

Re: Topalov Wins. Next Stop Anand.

Originally posted by Jason Lohner View Post
      As for the WC. I just kinda ignore the FIDE "champions" over the last decades... In my opinion Kasparov was the World Champion until 2000, then Kramnik was until 2007, Now Anand is the champion. Now that the titles are unified again, there is more meaning to the FIDE champion.
      I'd like to see some longevity from the FIDE WC's before I get excited about their format. For years they recognized Karpov who had been beaten by Kasparov more than once. Possibly the chess champion is like a world boxing championship where they have several organizations and every once in a while the titles are unified. Pomonmariov they kind of pushed out.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
      X