Any chess players in Markham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chess players in Markham?

A new chess meetup is due to take place this Thursday evening and needs a few more players to form a 'club' >>>>>http://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Chess/events/173605332/

Re: Any chess players in Markham?

Of course :). I am a mother of two chess players and using my son's account. This is a great idea. As I know there are many chess players in surrounding area, like Markham/Richmond Hill/Thorn hill. I'd like to add couple of points for your consideration.

1) Thursday or other days: Many Markham chess players attend Scarborough chess club and play there at Thursday evening. Can we hold Markham meet up in weekend day time (or other evening)? After all, SCC is the place we are familiar and love to go. If Markham meet up can be set in other time, there will be no conflict between two good events.

2) Evening or weekend: Considering lots of players are Junior, I’d say weekend day time is more preferable. Evening chess may finish very late, and kids may not get enough sleep for next school day.

3) Food court or other location: I just found out a potential good location. It should be more ideal than playing in food court. I can introduce you to the organization if you are interested.

Some chess parents may not notice this thread. You may contact me through email in case you want to spread any new progress, I will try to help with it.

Thanks again for your nice suggestion.

Regards,

Connie Z.
    Last edited by Jeffrey Xu; Sunday, 6th April, 2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X