Eric Hansen simul, Ottawa April 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Hansen simul, Ottawa April 17th

In two weeks, April 17th, Eric Hansen will be at the RA Centre Chess Club in Ottawa, where he will be giving a short lecture of his adventures in Europe, followed by a simul. Eric's last visit to Ottawa was at the recent Canadian Open, where he tied for first with Nigel Short.

Persons can attend the lecture and play Eric for a fee of $25. Non club members will also have to pay a $4 visitor fee. Seating is limited to 25 persons, so please register early to ensure your spot. You can email me at gbestchess(at)gmail(dot)com, or see me at the club this Thursday and next Thursday. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
    Garland

Re: Eric Hansen simul, Ottawa April 17th

Bumping up the list. Please contact me if you want to take part.

Comment

I will not be at the club tonight, so please see Halldor regarding attending. I will be playing in Morrisburg, so if you want to see me there to join, you can as well.

Comment

One last bump. We still have some spots open. The event will start at 7:30PM sharp, and we are asking persons to arrive by 7PM to register.

Comment

Thanks very much to Eric tonight for an engaging question and answer session followed by a simul against 26 players at the RA chess club. Eric's description of life as a professional player was enlightening and entertaining, well worth listening. Afterwards, Eric was the consummate professional taking on the players. Eric faced a tough crowd tonight, with a final record of 17 wins, five draws and four losses. Congratulations to Agastya Kalra, Qiyu Zhou, Eric Mettenin, and Adam Adriaanse for their wins tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X