X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC governors April online meeting

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/fo...ting-Room-Area

Re: CFC governors April online meeting

I read some of the documents on the site you posted.

One question comes to mind and I think it's important.

Are those who paid life memberships Class A or Class B members?

It seems to me they should be Class A members.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      I read some of the documents on the site you posted.

One question comes to mind and I think it's important.

Are those who paid life memberships Class A or Class B members?

It seems to me they should be Class A members.
      No. They are class B non-voting members which is the same as what we call members now. Governors become class A voting members.

Comment

Was that rewritten? It now looks different than what I had previously read. :) More clear.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Was that rewritten? It now looks different than what I had previously read. :) More clear.
          Its the same as before (as per the February special meeting) though we have added the articles of continuation (transition) which also mention the different member classes.

Comment

Here is my 2 cents as a chess mom. I agree and support Michael’s motion:

'If the winner is unable to participate at WYCC, this fact shall be announced on the public CFC Forum as soon as it becomes known.' We may refine the word or add to NAYCC and PAYCC, but basic idea is clear and reasonable.

Many chess parents have complained lack of communication for 2013 WYCC. I sent 2-3 emails to Youth coordinator and never get replied. It was Mr. Vlad Drkulec diligently replied my questions. I understand everybody is busy, but Youth Coordinator should be more active because of the importance of this role.

Thanks
            Last edited by Jeffrey Xu; Tuesday, 8th April, 2014, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Attendance/Motions: CFC governors April online meeting

31 out of 62 CFC Governors have so far signed in to the meeting, that ends Saturday, April 12.

Three motions are being voted on - the major one is the new Constitution necessary to comply with the federal governments new Not-For-Profit Corporations Act.

You can come see the meeting, and all the posts (but cannot post): http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/fo...ing-April-2014

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Comment

Re: Attendance/Motions: CFC governors April online meeting

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                31 out of 62 CFC Governors have so far signed in to the meeting, that ends Saturday, April 12.

Three motions are being voted on - the major one is the new Constitution necessary to comply with the federal governments new Not-For-Profit Corporations Act.
                Technically the motion is for a special resolution allowing and directing the executive to apply to the government for the CFC to continue (transition) to the new act. As old Bill would put it. "To be or not to be. That is the question."

The bylaws were already passed at the special meeting in February and are simply attached as an appendix. There is some more discussion in the CFC public forums. I got a bit cranky there.

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ransition-plan

You can come see the meeting, and all the posts (but cannot post): http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/fo...ing-April-2014

Bob Armstrong, CFC Public Relations Coordinator

Comment

With you and Bob G. working together maybe the two of you will be able to solve the mysteries of Climate Change.

I notice Bob A. says only 31 of 62 governors have bothered to sign in. However, you're lucky. You have ME asking innocent questions. :D
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

With you and Bob G. working together maybe the two of you will be able to solve the mysteries of Climate Change.

I notice Bob A. says only 31 of 62 governors have bothered to sign in. However, you're lucky. You have ME asking innocent questions. :D
                    I have figured out how to solve all of our financial problems and help the environment at the same time a la Al Gore. We will establish a subsidiary similar to the chess foundation that will be a carbon credit exchange. Apparently there aren't many regulations in this area so there are no barriers to entry. Climate change gurus who are concerned with their carbon footprint will be able to buy carbon credits to pay for their sins.. If we made it a conflict of interest to buy your carbon credits from yourself then we could persuade Al Gore to buy his carbon credits from us instead of from himself I am sure we would easily fund our operations. :) Unfortunately I didn't think of this on April 1st.

Comment

Working...
                    X