2014 Tree Doctor International Chess Tournament - June 7-8, 2014 ( Buffalo, NY )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Tree Doctor International Chess Tournament - June 7-8, 2014 ( Buffalo, NY )

Hi Chess Players,

A FIDE rated tournament coming up in Buffalo, NY on June 7-8, 2014. Guaranteed prize of $ 4,000

The Amateur Chess Association of WNY in affiliation with the Archangel Chess Academy announces the
    2014 Tree Doctor International Chess Tournament
    Saturday, June 7th and Sunday, June 8th, 2014

$ 4,000 Guaranteed Prize Money
    42 Grand Prix Points, Fide Rated

To be held at the
    Old First Ward Community Center
    62 Republic Street, Buffalo, NY 14204

5 Round Swiss System USCF Rated Tournament in Two Sections G/120 w/5 Second Delay You play opponents in your section only. Prizes are as follows:
    OPEN Section: $1000-$750-$500 UNDER 1800 Section: $ 750-$500-$300
    $$$ Bonus Prize for Amateur Chess Association members: $100 for highest scoring member in each section
    Entry fee both sections: $42 by June 1st, $50 thereafter, cash only at door, *USCF membership required.
    Rounds at: Saturday 10:00; 2:30; 7:00 Sunday: 10:00; 2:30
    Byes will be available for rounds 1, 2, 3, and, 4, if requested prior to round 2.
    Register no later than 9:30 am on Saturday. Bring sets, boards, and, clocks. None will be supplied.
    A complimentary light meal will be served on both days.

Inquiries: Gary Boye: 716-799-5655; garyboye@gmail.com
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Thursday, 1st May, 2014, 01:30 PM.

Re: 2014 Tree Doctor International Chess Tournament - June 7-8, 2014 ( Buffalo, NY )

Hi Ferdinand,

Here is the Buffalo International tournament June 7-8, 2014

Gary Hua

Comment

Re: 2014 Tree Doctor International Chess Tournament - June 7-8, 2014 ( Buffalo, NY )

Bumping up

Comment

3 weeks to go

Comment

Gary, do you realize this conflicts with the next Guelph tournament?

Comment

This tournament was first announced on Chesstalk on April 30; Hal's event wasn't announced until May 4.

Comment

I think a Tree Doctor is called an Arborist.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                This tournament was first announced on Chesstalk on April 30; Hal's event wasn't announced until May 4.
                Hugh, just letting everyone know that they have a choice on that weekend. :)
                I hope you are not implying that advertising first on chesstalk gives an organizer exclusive rights to that date. :(

Comment

Incidentally, I am playing in the Tree Doctor tournament, which counts as defending my Buffalo area championship.

Comment

Razvan Preotu Canadian FM won all his four games enroute to a clear first in the open section and with a big cheque.he took a bye in round three. Last round he beat defending champion Kenneth Regan. There were like a couple of US national masters.

In 1800 section our WCM Mathanhe Kaneshalingam tie for first and won a big cheque too.

Total participants 40 players.

What a great day for Canadian chess !!

Cheers
                    Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 8th June, 2014, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I was right when I predicted that Razvan wins if he plays in this tournament based on his performance. I was delighted to meet the organizers, sponsors and tournament director for welcoming the Canadian players. First and foremost, their hospitality especially, free unlimited supply of delicious beefburger, hotdog and pulled pork sandwiches for two lunches and dinner. It was worth the travel and specially playing with titled players. It was a perfect day for playing chess, weather was perfect. It was a chess tournament sponsored and wish someday that sponsored chess tournaments in Canada will come back. Hope to see Brian Fiedler "PWC Chess Tournament, "Belzberg Invitational" and CMA sponsored tournaments. I guess sponsored chess is the way to go! I missed my Chess Life magazines and am getting them back again. Cheers!
                      Last edited by Ferdinand Supsup; Monday, 9th June, 2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I'd like to go out on a limb and suggest that if Tree Doctor branched out to Toronto .....it would be spelled "Arbourist"
                        (Congrats to Mathanhe! We were all rooting for you.)

Comment

Working...
                        X