Hamilton Winter Open report at www.susanpolgar.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton Winter Open report at www.susanpolgar.com

The Hamilton Winter Open merited an article in the Hamilton Spectator which was displayed yesterday (Monday March 9th) at www.susanpolgar.com Guess who the lovely lady is in the photo?

Re: Hamilton Winter Open report at www.susanpolgar.com

I had trouble finding it on that site, bu eventually did. The orginal article is at:

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/526551

Now how did she get that news article, and so fast? I wonder if the CFC online site would even think of linking to publicity like this?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      I had trouble finding it on that site, bu eventually did. The orginal article is at:

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/526551

Now how did she get that news article, and so fast? I wonder if the CFC online site would even think of linking to publicity like this?
      Publicities, promotions, private sponsorship of chess tournaments (like PWC Open) and distinguished individuals like Sid Belzberg's "Toronto Closed" are keys to attract more chess players. I wish these private companies and individuals will have "Proud Sponsors" tab in the CFC website to remind their legacy in the promotion of chess in Canada. I mean. a way of saying Thank You Very much for your supports!

:)

Comment

It wasn't that hard... I called the Spectator and asked if they would do a story on it...

Comment

BTW, What did the polgar site say about the Spectator article...did they simply re post it?

Comment

I believe it was simply just reposted. However its a great service that susanpolgar.com provides - chess news from around the world. I assume its just an extended google search using "chess news" with prompting when anything new appears - still I hope more sites get into the act. Its nice to have the publicity out there. For the longest time tournament chess did not usually use the publicity available. By the way congratulations Garvin (and Hamilton team!) on a great tournament and on contacting the Hamilton Spectator. Well done!

Comment

Working...
            X