BGC round-robins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BGC round-robins

he Monday rrs are being moved to Tuesdays and two 8-player sections will start this week. They will be played from 7pm (one game a week) with a time control of game in 150 minutes.

A Section : ratings 1700 - 2000

Daniel Abrahams 1921
    Ian Bell 1778
    Pino Verde 1754
    Bob Armstrong 1752
    Ken Kurkowski 1733

B Section : ratings below 1700

Jacob Stein 1693
    Richard Wing 1613
    Mark Jackiw 1589
    Raymond Tellier 1496
    Ernesto Villaluz 1350
    Thomas MacIlquham 1163

We still need 3 players in A and 2 players for the B group.
    Call Vlad (647) 207-9342

I stopped by at the Hart House tourney today and
    spoke with a number of players interested in the above. They will let me know soon if they intend to join the Tuesday RR in which case I will update this post. - Vlad
    Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Tuesday, 1st July, 2008, 10:48 AM.

Re: BGC round-robins

Post updated

Comment

Does anyone coming tonight have a spare computer mouse? .....the cat ate mine

Comment

Villaluz was a no-show for the second round last night at BGC. So with 5 players in each group, Vlad decided to join the two groups into a big 10-player RR. It continues next Tuesday.

The Bow and Arrow facility is quite adequate, given it is a bar/restaurant. We are off to the side, and it is OK ( you don't really notice people walking through this side room to the back patio when engrossed in playing ). Come out and have a beer and watch a few games ( though we admit to being patzers ).

Bob

Comment

And, being in a public space, we frequently attract newcomers to chess who otherwise would be unlikely to set foot in a chess club.

Comment

Working...
          X