Questions for CFC or CFC Executive Director

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for CFC or CFC Executive Director

I thought I'd post some questions here so that I might get the fastest replies to the following questions:

1. I've heard that recently there was a changeover to a new CFC Executive Director; is this true?

2. On April 10 I paid to renew my CFC membership (expired 1 May 2014) through former CFC President, and organizer, Halldor Palsson, who emailed the CFC through the office email address. Is my renewal currently being processed?

3. Has the 2014 RA Chess Club Active Championship (27 Feb and 6 Mar) been submitted for rating? The last I had heard (sometime in April) it had not been, but maybe this has changed. I don't much care since I expect my Quick rating will take a hit, but other players involved may care.
    Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Monday, 5th May, 2014, 07:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Re: Questions for CFC or CFC Executive Director

Kevin, I will be taking over as Executive Director on June 1, 2014.
    I am in regular contact with Michael von Keitz to ensure a smooth transition.
    I will follow up on your other 2 questions.

Comment

Thank you Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Pacey View Post
        I thought I'd post some questions here so that I might get the fastest replies to the following questions:

1. I've heard that recently there was a changeover to a new CFC Executive Director; is this true?

2. On April 10 I paid to renew my CFC membership (expired 1 May 2014) through former CFC President, and organizer, Halldor Palsson, who emailed the CFC through the office email address. Is my renewal currently being processed?

3. Has the 2014 RA Chess Club Active Championship (27 Feb and 6 Mar) been submitted for rating? The last I had heard (sometime in April) it had not been, but maybe this has changed. I don't much care since I expect my Quick rating will take a hit, but other players involved may care.
        My first two questions have been dealt with in a positive way long ago, but my third question remains. The 2014 RA Chess Club Active Ch. still remains unrated as far as I can tell. Perhaps it was never submitted for rating. Also unrated, apparently, is an Active event that the RACC held in the first half of May, although I didn't play in that one, partly due to there perhaps being an issue with RA club Active events being rated on time, if ever. Last season, at least, there was one Active event that was quite late in being rated, anyway. The problem may be with accepting some participants' promises to pay later on for their CFC membership renewals. As one player who had once been an organizer put it to me, he personally would never accept such promises when it comes to payment. It's being kind to those who left their money at home, but inconsiderate to everyone else who wants the event rated.

Here's a link to the RACC 2013-14 schedule:

http://ottawarachessclub.pbworks.com...6676/Scheduled Events
        Last edited by Kevin Pacey; Saturday, 12th July, 2014, 09:23 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

We can't do much about rating events that haven't been submitted. If an event has been submitted and not rated after all this time I would want to know why but at this point there is no indication that this is the case.

Comment

Oops, sorry wrong year! Apologies.
            Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Saturday, 12th July, 2014, 09:32 AM.
            "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Working...
            X