Advertising: A tool for organizers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising: A tool for organizers

If you are a tournament organizer, you may spend a lot of time on setup event page, registering players and handle the payments. These may be hours of work! I was introduced to use this tool: http://www.comlinker.com/. This is an event management tool for organizers and communities. I use this tool to organize McGill Open this year and it saves me so much time compared to last year. Yes, this tool has some processing fees with non-free events, but the cost is worth it because it may save you 30-40 hours of work. Thus, as a software developer myself, I decided to join the startup that makes this tool.

You may think that there are other similar tools around. Yes, eventbrite is the most popular and powerful one, but it costs too much comparing to comlinker. For free events, both charge nothing. But for non-free events, comlinker charges only 5% of the ticket fee up to at most 0.99 cents (meaning that whether the ticket costs 100$ or 500$, the application would only charge 0.99cents). For the popular eventbrite, they charge 1.00$ plus 2.5% of the ticket fee, which is much more. In addition, comlinker creates a social network of events that may have bigger potentials.

With this tool, you can do:
    -your client can fill a registration form (defined by you) and do payment all together. No need to setup forms and paypal buttons separately.
    -payment can be in credit, debit or paypal.
    -all the registration information will be saved to the same place. And it can be export to an Excel spreadsheet. You can compute your total income with one click!.
    -sharing your event on facebook, google , linkedin and twitter.
    -The client can add notes or send messages to the organizers
    -The organizer can add notes on a player
    -You can assign multiple people to organize the event with you.
    -advertise the sponsors of your event.
    -more...

I am now adding new features to this application including embedding the registration table on the organizer's website and better multilingual support. If you are interested in using this application or have suggestions, please email me at shaohanghe91@gmail.com

Re: Advertising: A tool for organizers

HI Shao Hang and good luck with your Tournament Organizer tool. You might want to do the courtesy of informing Larry Bevand that you wish to advertise on this Discussion Board.

Larry can be reached at
    bevand AT chess-math DOT org
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Thanks Nigel. Shao Hang is a regular contributor to ChessTalk and he is offering a product that does not compete in any way with the CMA and Strategy Games. I will leave this post stand for now.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        Thanks Nigel. Shao Hang is a regular contributor to ChessTalk and he is offering a product that does not compete in any way with the CMA and Strategy Games. I will leave this post stand for now.

Larry
        Sounds good. I'm used to deleting the endless NIke shoe ads so I wasn't sure what your approach was to something more legitimate.

BTW, I guess the Ad for chess coaching online must have been deleted because I don't see it anymore. Cheers.

Nigel
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Thanks Larry and Nigel for letting this post on!

Comment

Working...
          X