• 2014 Toronto Blitz Chess Championship
    • Hans Jung blindfold demo
    • and more!

http://annexchessclub.com/harbourfront-chessfest/

Marcus Wilker
    Annex Chess Club
    Toronto, Ontario

Re: Toronto Harbourfront Centre Chessfest - June 15

may you provide more details about the blitz ch? Rounds, starting time, time control,etc.

Comment

Marcus,
      I have just received confirmation from our Saturday Rapid sponsors that we are good to go on an Olympiad fundraiser Rapid on June 14th. This will combine well with your Blitz on the 15th. I'm guessing that we can expect players from out-of-town to come for the weekend. I thought we could work together on this for everyone's benefit.
      Please email me so that we can exchange ideas on this >>>>>
      vladdobrich(at)gmail(dot)com
      Thanks,
      Vlad D

Comment

Thanks, Egis. We'll be finalizing details at our meeting next Wednesday (May 21), and we'll publish after that.
        Marcus Wilker
        Annex Chess Club
        Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
          Marcus,
          I have just received confirmation from our Saturday Rapid sponsors that we are good to go on an Olympiad fundraiser Rapid on June 14th. This will combine well with your Blitz on the 15th. I'm guessing that we can expect players from out-of-town to come for the weekend. I thought we could work together on this for everyone's benefit.
          Please email me so that we can exchange ideas on this >>>>>
          vladdobrich(at)gmail(dot)com
          Thanks,
          Vlad D
          Marcus,
          Still no reply from you. Should I feel insulted?

Comment

Marcus,
            Still no reply from you. Should I feel insulted?
            Sorry, Vlad. I just wasn't sure what to say. I think your event coordinates better with ours than might two events in general on the same weekend. Still, I think I should talk to our own organizing team before expressing an opinion on your proposal. I'm not running our event on my own by any means, and there are already several different organizations coordinating on it, so it wouldn't be right for me to speak too soon.
            Marcus Wilker
            Annex Chess Club
            Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Proposal??
              I was not proposing to run a Rapid on June 14th. The event is a done deal!
              I was proposing that you email me! Do you need a committee decision to send an email?

Comment

Proposal??
                I was not proposing to run a Rapid on June 14th. The event is a done deal!
                I was proposing that you email me! Do you need a committee decision to send an email?
                Sorry, I meant your proposal to "work together on this for everyone's benefit."
                Marcus Wilker
                Annex Chess Club
                Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus Wilker View Post
                  Thanks, Egis. We'll be finalizing details at our meeting next Wednesday (May 21), and we'll publish after that.
                  Great! My wish to have one game with one opponent and many rounds (11, 13 or more LOL

Yesterday I dig out the pictures from the previous similar event in Toronto - 2008 Umbra Olympian. Could not believe it was that long time ago, thought about ~2010 :)

Comment

Hi Egidijus, How about posting some pictures from that event? (2008 Umbra Olympian) I need the nostalgic moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
                      Hi Egidijus, How about posting some pictures from that event? (2008 Umbra Olympian) I need the nostalgic moment.
                      Here you ago - the album - http://www.kris-egis.com/egisphoto/t...s.php?album=15
                      As for results - they are somewhere here or on the CFC board.

Comment

Thank you hugely and kindly.

Comment

Ive a vested interest in this so happy to bump.

Comment

Erik brought postcards of the poster (see a top message) to Ontario Open. Should be a well publicized event. Looking forward to come too.

Comment

Interestingly enough, if anyone wants to warm up for this outdoor event, come out on June 7th to Queen's park!
                              A Hart House Chess Club crew will supply small boards for blitz and our giant chess set for anyone who thinks chess should be "bigger" in Canada :)
                              We might not have fancy flyers but snacks/drinks are guaranteed!
                              We're organizing this as a part of 100 in 1 day Toronto, a great initiative in my opinion.
                              For further details on 101 in 1 day, take a look at: http://www.marsdd.com/events/100-1-d...onto-workshop/
                              See you guys there! (it's from 11-5)

Comment

Working...
                              X