Moro's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moro's back!

I duly note that another of my favourite opening mavericks, Michal (formerly Mikhail) Krasenkrow, accounted for 6 of those 393 games, all from the Black side. Michal scored an impressive plus 4, minus zero, equal 2 in those 6 Black games, including the one and only win against 3.Na3 (:

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1086268

Krasenkow is of course well known for his contributions to opening theory, as detailed in his Wikipedia entry cited below.

Theoretical contributions

Krasenkow has made major contributions to several areas of opening theory, most notably in the Classical King's Indian Defense. His consistent use of the relative sideline 6.h3 in that opening helped to establish it as a viable manner of combating the King's Indian. Other members of the elite now use the system from time to time, including on occasion Magnus Carlsen. It is typically called the Makogonov system, though some authors now refer to it as the Krasenkow System; he himself calls it the Bagirov system. Krasenkow's other important contribution is the so-called Groningen Attack in the English Opening (discovered simultaneously with Vadim Zviagintsev): 1.Nf3 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 Bb4 4.g4!?

Comment

Last edited by Olivier Tessier; Monday, 22nd October, 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Olivier Tessier; Monday, 22nd October, 2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Vadim Zvjaginsev, who's every bit as 'crazy' as Morozevich, if not more so, is playing a King's Gambit today in Kazan (:

http://www.chessbomb.com/arena/2014-...kovenko_Dmitry

Comment

Re : Re: Moro's back!

Hey Jack!
            Here's your chance to show off your researching skill.
            Check out the new kid on the block : Igor Lysyj 27 yrs old and now rated 2700 (appropriately)
            He now leads the Russian Championship, having won games against Vitiugov, Morozevich and Karjakin in the first five rounds.
            Who is this guy?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Moro's back!

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
              Hey Jack!
              Here's your chance to show off your researching skill.
              Check out the new kid on the block : Igor Lysyj 27 yrs old and now rated 2700 (appropriately)
              He now leads the Russian Championship, having won games against Vitiugov, Morozevich and Karjakin in the first five rounds.
              Who is this guy?
              Think (or should that be drool) of the odds you could have received, Vlad, on Lysyj and Goryachkina leading their respective Superfinals through 5 rounds (:

Comment

Where does the time go? Moro is pushing 40!
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

'Marathon Bet' is also offering odds on the Russian Superfinals (:

https://www.marathonbet.co.uk/en/betting/Chess/

Comment

Originally posted by Olivier Tessier View Post
                    Well .. with me close to my prime and Lawrence far from his I don't think I was that big of a dog vs him...

By the way.. I searched for the game and it was actually 1.Nf3 b5?! 2.c3! ... He told me he tried the same thing against a well known GM (Cant remember who) a few years back and got crushed as well with black...
                    It's a reverse polish. 1. b4 c6! has been known to be extremely effective against it since it's difficult for white to stop black from simply going a5 and Qb6. White has to go into extreme measures just to not lose that pawn on b4 and must often sac it on b5. It is no wonder that 1. Nf3 b5 2. c3 should crush that line. You basically gave white an extra tempo. It's much better to wait for white to go Nf3 Nf6 d4 e6 g3 b5!? rather than going into it immediately. There's a reason it's important to have an understanding of different types of openings and pawn structures - it's extremely easy to see what works and what doesn't
                    Shameless self-promotion on display here
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Last edited by Olivier Tessier; Monday, 22nd October, 2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X