CYCC to be CMA Rated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC to be CMA Rated!

Late breaking news! The 2014 CYCC will be CMA rated, FQE rated, AND CFC rated! In addition, the U18 and U16 (all four) sections will also be FIDE rated.

It's not too late to join the CYCC excitement! The early bird entry ends June 10, 2014.

For more information:
    http://echecsmontreal.ca/cycc/index_en.html

Come join the conversation on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/fqechecs?ref=hl

Victoria Jung-Doknjas
    Official Photographer at the CYCC 2014

Re: CYCC to be CMA Rated!

Hi, I'm just wondering, is it possible to qualify by rating? And if so, what are the requirements? I haven't been able to make it out to any qualifiers, and I probably won't be able to make it out to the remaining one. If someone here could let me know, that'd be great, thanks.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Zach Dukic View Post
      Hi, I'm just wondering, is it possible to qualify by rating? And if so, what are the requirements? I haven't been able to make it out to any qualifiers, and I probably won't be able to make it out to the remaining one. If someone here could let me know, that'd be great, thanks.

Zach
      703. Players: {Motion 2009-13 2009 AGM Nadeau/Lavin}

The following players shall be eligible to participate in each Youth Tournament provided they comply with the formal entry requirements of Article 707:

a) The qualifiers from that year's YCC's.

b) The qualifiers from the CYCC to the WYCC of the previous year.

c) The highest rated of each age category {open & female} of each Province {as of May 1st prior to the CYCC}

d) The host organizer may nominate three players for each category from the host location. {Amendment of Original Motion Barron/Langer}

e) The former CYCC Champions [Motion 2011-28E Michael Barron/Anna Jin]

f) Where there is no provincial qualifier, up to 3 players may be qualified at the discretion of the provincial Youth Coordinator. In the absence of a Provincial Coordinator, players would apply to the CFC Youth Coordinator. Motion 2011-28F Gillanders/Brammall]

g) The top ten rated players in each age category in the country (as of May 1st prior to the CYCC) [Motion 2011-28H Brammall/Armstrong]

A check of the CFC rating list shows that you are currently in 7th place in the under 18 male group so that would indicate to me that you are qualified.

Comment

Hey Vlad,

Thanks for the post. I've actually had a very recent rating boost from this past weekend, and I'm afraid, as of May 1st, I wasn't part of the top ten. However, as I look at that list, I believe I qualify for b) The qualifiers from the CYCC to the WYCC of the previous year. I attended CYCC in Ottawa last year and got 3.5/6, so if I'm understanding this correctly, I should be able to play again this year.

Thanks again, Zach

Comment

Working...
        X