Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Presidential Elections

Here is what was published today at the www.chess-news.ru :
    ШФ Канады на своем заседании решила поддержать кандидатуру действующего президента ФИДЕ. Все больше стран Запада и Европы поддерживают нас!
    In English: Canadian Chess Federations during its meeting has decided to support the incumbent President FIDE. More and more Western and European countries are supporting us.
    Tweeted by Berik Balgabaiev.
    Please confirm that this information is true. If yes, when this CFC’s meeting took place, when was it announced, who has participated and voted on this meeting.

Re: FIDE Presidential Elections

I can confirm that the Governors have been informed of the executive's decision on the private Governors' Board. I am not at liberty to make that decision public. I hope the executive makes their decision known to the Canadian chessplaying public todaysince there seems to be reports of what that decision might have been circulating around.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
      I can confirm that the Governors have been informed of the executive's decision on the private Governors' Board. I am not at liberty to make that decision public. I hope the executive makes their decision known to the Canadian chessplaying public todaysince there seems to be reports of what that decision might have been circulating around.
      In the anouncement by Balgabaiev it says that Canadian Chess Federation during its meeting... and so on - obviously it is not true, the AGM is on July 6 to July 13. Please confirm.

Comment

The current Governors were informally polled in the Governors' site and discussion took place over a 2 week period. All Governors were informed by email that the discussion and straw poll were taking place.

Comment

The current Governors were informally polled in the Governors' site and discussion took place over a 2 week period. All Governors were informed by email that the discussion and straw poll were taking place.
          "The current Governors were informally polled"... what does it mean?
          Here on the Chess Talk on the President's poll Kasparov won with overwhelming majority of votes.
          Besides, what was the reason behind this decision if AGM's meeting is only a few days away from now? To please Iliumzhinov? What if the incoming Board will decide differently?

Comment

The FIDE's election is in August, and AGM - 6 to 13 of July. So the FIDE's August' election is the INCOMING's Board decision, not the OUTGOING.

Comment

It means that each current Governor was given a choice of 5 options as to their input for the CFC position in the FIDE election. 1) Abstain; 2) endorse the incumbent; 3) vote for the incumbent without endorsement; 4) endorse Kasparov; 5) vote for Kasparov without endorsement.

I am not a member of the executive Sasha and therefore cannot answer your other questions.

Comment

It means that each current Governor was given a choice of 5 options as to their input for the CFC position in the FIDE election. 1) Abstain; 2) endorse the incumbent; 3) vote for the incumbent without endorsement; 4) endorse Kasparov; 5) vote for Kasparov without endorsement.

I am not a member of the executive Sasha and therefore cannot answer your other questions.
                Thank you, Ken, however my point is this: The FIDE's election is in August, and AGM - 6 to 13 of July. So the FIDE's August' election is the INCOMING's Board decision, not the OUTGOING.

Comment

http://fidexfiles.blogspot.gr/2014/0...orks-like.html

Canada MUST NOT vote for THIS!

Comment

Will you be a big macher and run for president of the CFC?
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                      Will you be a big macher and run for president of the CFC?
                      I'm preparing a serious program for the CFC with my company' full support. Just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                        I'm preparing a serious program for the CFC with my company' full support. Just wait.
                        If I had a dime for every time someone told me "Just wait".....

You forgot to answer the part about running for CFC president, or did I miss it.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

After polling the governors and engaging in more than twenty pages worth of discussion with the voting members the decision was made to endorse Kirsan in the FIDE election. This is consistent with the governors vote and the vote of the executive. I was the only person who at any time voiced any support for Garry's candidacy among the executive and that was early in the process before the debate and tactics of the GK proponents. I modified my view as the abuse thickened. At this time the agenda for the AGM is set and not even I can change the agenda without postponing the incoming voting members meeting in order to make the requisite notice.

Note that this same debate took place at a governors meeting four years ago and anyone thinking that they are going to be able to hijack the meeting and introduce this motion again should read the provisions of the NFP act. Sasha even pointed to the section previously that they need to read.

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc...h_cs04953.html

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc...g/cs05006.html
                          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 16th June, 2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                            After polling the governors and engaging in more than twenty pages worth of discussion with the voting members the decision was made to endorse Kirsan in the FIDE election. This is consistent with the governors vote and the vote of the executive. I was the only person who at any time voiced any support for Garry's candidacy among the executive and that was early in the process before the debate and tactics of the GK proponents. I modified my view as the abuse thickened.
                            If there was abuse, I daresay it was warranted. You're getting into bed with some pretty evil people who are not only bad for chess, but plain old bad.

Comment

A pasquinade of a situation - Canada supporting a dictator. Canada can now officially be deemed a third world country when it comes to the royal game. Unsettling times for the Canadian chess community.

Comment

Working...
                              X