Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC 2014: Links to Standings and Photos

Hi Everyone:

Some people are still asking about where to find photos and final standings.

For photos, our Official Team Canada Photographer, Jim Foote, did an excellent job covering all 3 tournament rooms and posting in a timely manner. Check out his work at our Team Canada at NAYCC Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...30077317126743

Standings:
    http://www.chesseducators.com/northa...uth/standings/

Victoria Jung-Doknjas
    Head of Delegation and Member of Team Canada at NAYCC 2014

Re: NAYCC 2014: Links to Standings and Photos

Originally posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
    Hi Everyone:

Some people are still asking about where to find photos and final standings.

For photos, our Official Team Canada Photographer, Jim Foote, did an excellent job covering all 3 tournament rooms and posting in a timely manner. Check out his work at our Team Canada at NAYCC Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...30077317126743

Standings:
    http://www.chesseducators.com/northa...uth/standings/

Victoria Jung-Doknjas
    Head of Delegation and Member of Team Canada at NAYCC 2014

any idea when they are giong to rate this?

Comment

Thank you, Victoria, for information!

I know, you was a great Head of Canadian Delegation and did everything possible to ensure all Canadian players and their families enjoyed this event and performed at their best level.
      Thank you for your efforts!

But the question is:
      How the current CFC administration reacts to Canadian success at NAYCC 2014?

In particular:
      Could CFC Youth Coordinator publicly congratulate 2 Canadians who became North American Champions and 8 others who won silver and bronze medals?
      Should he do that?
      Or it's not his business?

Comment

Originally posted by joshua hu View Post
        any idea when they are giong to rate this?
        The event was rated today.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Barron View Post
          But the question is:
          How the current CFC administration reacts to Canadian success at NAYCC 2014?

In particular:
          Could CFC Youth Coordinator publicly congratulate 2 Canadians who became North American Champions and 8 others who won silver and bronze medals?
          Should he do that?
          Or it's not his business?
          We did everything we could to make this a great experience for the kids. Leave it to you to poop in the punch bowl at the reception.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            Leave it to you to poop in the punch bowl at the reception.
            Mr. Barron is a man of many talents!
            :)

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
              Mr. Barron is a man of many talents!
              :)
              I wish he would use them for good instead of passive aggressive attempts to undermine.

Some members of the executive have the time and inclination to use chesstalk and other online resources to get their messages out. Some don't. For myself, I choose to use it to communicate with the chess community - perhaps, sometimes too much. Fred McKim used to communicate here more but has scaled back because I maintain such an active presence here. The members of the executive communicate regularly via email, face to face on some occasions and also by phone and skype.

Comment

Re : Re: NAYCC 2014: Links to Standings and Photos

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                I wish he would use them for good instead of passive aggressive attempts to undermine.
                Which in itself is an infertile, if rather barron skill! Would he ever return to being our FIDE rep, lol??

Comment

Re: Re : Re: NAYCC 2014: Links to Standings and Photos

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                  Which in itself is an infertile, if rather barron skill! Would he ever return to being our FIDE rep, lol??
                  Please not until after I am gone. Hal Bond does such a good job of finding the right people to contact in the many situations related to FIDE where we are staring into a black hole. A phone call or email and the organizers that have ignored us for weeks start responding. He just got us our extension for announcing the WYCC official players without a penalty. We will need to know who is seriously interested in going before CYCC. We will not be blocking anyone who reasonably wants to go and probably some kids that some might argue reasonably should not be allowed to go. We will be sending emails to the people who went to WYCC last year, the NAYCC mail list and the CYCC mail list shortly (I think) but if anyone is reading this and wants to go send an email to info@chess.ca, Frank Lee and myself saying that you wish to go.

Aman Hambleton and Andrew Peredun have indicated that they are willing to serve as coaches again and based on their record as coaches I am inclined to support them. Others interested in coaching should send us email as well. As usual we are on a ridiculous shoe string budget but we will have a better idea of what we can offer when we find out how many kids and parents are going. My guess is that we will be looking at thirty or so kids who will want to go this year.

Comment

Missing Info re Team Canada: NAYCC 2014

Hi Victoria:

I'm doing an article for the Toronto Chess News (TCN) on Team Canada. Also, I have posted as CFC Public Relations Coordinator, and need to update it.

The FB page I used to get the team members (updated June 4) shows for U 8 Girls:

Mysha Gilani
                    Julia Kuleshov

But the official site omits from its standings (linked to Chess Results) the U 8 Girls section.

Could you give me a link to where I get these results. Also, did one of the two place highly (5th or better)?

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Re: Missing Info re Team Canada: NAYCC 2014

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                      Hi Victoria:

I'm doing an article for the Toronto Chess News (TCN) on Team Canada. Also, I have posted as CFC Public Relations Coordinator, and need to update it.

The FB page I used to get the team members (updated June 4) shows for U 8 Girls:

Mysha Gilani
                      Julia Kuleshov

But the official site omits from its standings (linked to Chess Results) the U 8 Girls section.

Could you give me a link to where I get these results. Also, did one of the two place highly (5th or better)?

Thanks.

Bob A
                      Hi Bob:

The U8 Open/U8 Girls sections were merged as there were less than 9 - U8 Girls. The U8 Girls results have been recorded in the U8 Open section, as they all played together.

In general, I think all our Canadians Team Members played well. In Julia Kuleshov and Mysha Gilani's specific cases:

Julian Kuleshov won first place in U8 Girls and is the U8 Girls - 2014 North American Youth Chess Champion; and receives the WCM title.

Mysha Gilani won 2nd place in U8 Girls in the 2014 North American Youth Chess Championship; and had previously earned the WCM title.

Victoria

Comment

Re: Missing Info re Team Canada: NAYCC 2014

Originally posted by Victoria Jung-Doknjas View Post
                        Hi Bob:

The U8 Open/U8 Girls sections were merged as there were less than 9 - U8 Girls. The U8 Girls results have been recorded in the U8 Open section, as they all played together.

In general, I think all our Canadians Team Members played well. In Julia Kuleshov and Mysha Gilani's specific cases:

Julian Kuleshov won first place in U8 Girls and is the U8 Girls - 2014 North American Youth Chess Champion; and receives the WCM title.

Mysha Gilani won 2nd place in U8 Girls in the 2014 North American Youth Chess Championship; and had previously earned the WCM title.

Victoria
                        Hi Victoria:

Thanks so much for clearing up this point.

I will now give them credit as well under the various news posts CFC has already done.

See you in Montreal.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                        X