Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess in the Library 5th Annual Festival

Hi everyone,

Chess in the Library (http://www.chessinthelibrary.com/) will be holding their 5th annual festival this Saturday, June 28th from 11:00am to 4:30pm at North York Central Library (5120 Yonge Street). The tournament is CMA rated and features three sections: Grade 3 and Under, Grade 6 and Under and Open. The tournament is completely free and open to all Chess in the Library participants. If you are not a regular participant at one of our free Chess in the Library programs, you are still welcome to come play granted you are a beginner/novice to chess in order to maintain fairness. The festival will also include: a puzzle room with interesting puzzles and joke, a simul room where FIDE master Roman Sapozhnikov will be facing up to 10 players at once and, a giant chess set!

If you're interested in signing up, please fill out the registration form here: tinyurl.com/CITLannualfestival2014

Although the tournament is completely free, donations are always welcome and encouraged in order to allow our organization to continue to promote chess across Canada. We also accept both monetary and physical donations so if you are interested in donating, please contact us at sponsors@chessinthelibrary.com or contact myself directly at mohit@chessinthelibrary.com. Every little bit counts!

Thank you,
    Mohit Verma
    Chess in the Library President
    Last edited by Mohit Verma; Wednesday, 25th June, 2014, 09:22 PM.

Re: Chess in the Library 5th Annual Festival

Originally posted by Mohit Verma View Post

If you're interested in signing up, please 'feel' out the registration form here: tinyurl.com/CITLannualfestival2014
    I did. Felt kinda formal!

Comment

Now this is a good news story and Im happy to see it continuing (alive and well). Thank you Yuanling Yuan!

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Now this is a good news story and Im happy to see it continuing (alive and well). Thank you Yuanling Yuan!
        Yuanling Yuan - another innovator. I wonder what the CFC is doing to help promote and expand this interesting program? If I guessed 'nothing' (or next to it), would I be correct?
        Last edited by Peter McKillop; Wednesday, 25th June, 2014, 10:44 AM. Reason: blaaaahhh
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
          Hi Hans,

The current president is Mohit Verma and I believe he and his team did lots of great jobs for promoting the chess in Canada. Yuanling just made it start and it is impossible to let this program to continue without other more than one thousands high school students involving inside. I wish more people to support the CITL program and let it expanding to more libraries.

William

Comment

Working...
          X