• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campbellville Lunch Active Tournament Sat Aug 16th 2014

It is 11:45pm, tick tock,

Comment

We have received several chess books from a sponsor, who shall remain anonymous for now.
      The books will be door prizes and all players will be eligible, even you late entries. Well, maybe some will be reserved for those early pre registered players.Hmm...we haven't decided yet!

All the books are in excellent new condition. Heading the lineup would be, in hard cover,

Samuel Reshevsky, A compendium of 1768 games with diagrams, cross tables, some annotations, and indexes.
      by Stephen W. Gordon

Clearly a must have for fans of this legendary US champion.

Comment

I guess organizers of the Campbellville Lunch Active Chess tourney 2104 and employees of Milton Junior Chess School/Hamissauga (aka Gordon Gooding, Bob Gillanders) are not eligible for door prize contest. Sigh!

Comment

Do not rush: you have about 90 years to decide...

Comment

In case anyone missed the edit to post #1:

You can still register now(post aug 09) for $45 and enjoy the lunch for an additional $5 if you are playing in the tournament. If you are family/parent of participant you can enjoy the lunch for $15 extra per person. I do need to know sooner than later to give the restaurant time to prepare plus I need to know how many lunch tickets I've got to get!!??

Comment

One of the several book door prizes is entitled:

Blindfold Chess
              History, Psychology, Techniques, Champions, World Records, and Important games.

by Eliot Hearst and John Knott.

A thoroughly interesting hard cover book.
              I can think of one player from Kitchener that maybe interested!

Comment

Cmon step right up, step right up. Play in the Campbellville lunch active chess tourney and get a chance to practice you opening repertoire for upcoming weekenders like the Hamilton Summer Open or the Labour Day tourneys. You get a lunch for $5 more. I've got 50 or so registered, do I hear 60? Step right up, step right up!

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Gooding View Post
                  Cmon step right up, step right up. Play in the Campbellville lunch active chess tourney and get a chance to practice you opening repertoire for upcoming weekenders like the Hamilton Summer Open or the Labour Day tourneys. You get a lunch for $5 more. I've got 50 or so registered, do I hear 60? Step right up, step right up!
                  Could you please check your messages?

Comment

Gord, add players:

Hongyi Li
                    Jude Aniunoh.

:)

Comment

Guys,

What a fantastic turnout! The food I thought was good. Give me feedback participants please. I'm thinking of doing this again next year. Maybe I'll do burgers instead, yum yum!

Comment

Working...
                      X