X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Presidential Endorsements

Posted today on the CFC Members' Chess Chat Forum:

We have two declared candidates so far for CFC President for the upcoming election next week: the incumbent, Vlad Drkulec; the incoming voting member, Sasha Starr.

Both have now presented platforms to the incoming voting members, and the non-voting members, and the public.

In campaigning, it is valuable to be able to publish valuable "endorsements" from known persons. I think it is valuable to both Vlad and Sasha in this situation.

The incoming voting members are the key to the Presidential election result. They have the vote. Now they can remain publicly non-committal, and privately vote in the election, and no one will know which candidate they voted for. Nothing wrong with this.

But if an incoming voting member already knows for whom s/he is going to vote, then why not help get their candidate elected? A public endorsement prior to the vote is a significant contribution to the Candidate's campaigning, and could swing more votes his way, because of your endorsement publicly.

So incoming voting members, it is your choice.

I am asking that incoming voting members help their Candidate's campaign, and post publicly in this thread, their endorsement!

Bob A (not an incoming voting member)

I'd suggest incoming voting members could also make their public endorsements here on this thread, as well as on the CFC discussion board.

Bob A

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements

Good idea, Bob.
    Why not post that in the format of a poll? That would most likely get a big response from ChessTalkers. I recommend a not secret poll so we can all see who stands where.

Comment

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements

I considered running for CFC President myself and not just to get an endorsement for my friend Gary. I have a long track record of donating generously to the CFC without expecting anything in return. I simply love chess and in my case it was a very positive life changer for me.
      I decided not to run for the CFC President as I have several other commitments that I am responsible for. I have known Sasha and Nava for over 30 years and they are good and honourable people. Sasha has been involved in several interesting business ventures and is very good at getting deals done. When he called me about 10 days ago asking for advice I told him that he is very likeable but he needs someone to help him with a solid background in administration, accounting, and finance.

As he said in the announcement he is working together with Nava and I have every confidence that the administration and accounting will go smoothly with her involvement. Obviously the in coming executive will be involved in this as well as they should, as a team.

The other advice I gave Sasha was to stress that preservation of the balance sheet of the CFC is essential and that any new expenses must be accretive, that is they are covered by corporate sponsorship or new revenues. Sasha alludes to this in the last part of his announcement but the above is a bit more precise.

With the help of the Kasparov Chess foundation and myself I have every confidence that we can succeed in the goals and the programs outlined above. I plan to discuss with Sasha if he is elected ideas abut completely revamping the chess.ca website to make it a truly exciting place for young chess players to go to from all over Canada and perhaps even make chess.ca an exciting place to visit for chess players (especially young players) world wide! For example the Kasparov Chess Foundation is setting up organizations around the world. Imagine kids in classrooms being able to compete in international tournaments hosted by chess.ca. My background is in creating truly great and leading edge technology so I believe i can be of help in this area.

Gary is one of the truly great promoters of chess in the world and he lives next door to us. I am sure we can get him to help promote chess in Canada and restore excitement in this game.

An endorsement for Gary by Canada will have to be in agreement with the executive.

The CFC missed a huge opportunity recently in turning down my offer of my reinvolvement in the chess scene. I fully endorse Sasha and will pledge to help out when and where I can if he wins.

Comment

Moderator - Please Close Thread

To Nigel, Moderator

I have taken up a suggestion to transform this post into a poll. So this thread should now be closed, since it is redundant. Thanks.

Bob A (original poster)

Comment

Re: Moderator - Please Close Thread

I support Vlad!

I would prefer to have a do-er who gets his hands dirty.

Michael Yip

Comment

This Thread is CLOSED

Originally posted by Michael Yip View Post
            I support Vlad!

I would prefer to have a do-er who gets his hands dirty.

Michael Yip
            Hi Michael:

You apparently did not read my post prior to yours. This thread is now CLOSED as redundant.

There are now three separate polls for everyone to vote in. Please find the poll appropriate to your status in relation to CFC , and vote there. Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Re: Moderator - Please Close Thread

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
              To Nigel, Moderator

I have taken up a suggestion to transform this post into a poll. So this thread should now be closed, since it is redundant. Thanks.

Bob A (original poster)
              Ok - Done.
              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
              X