Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Aurora summer Open - final countown -2 days

Reminders:
    • 109 players plan to come. New high for Aurora Opens.
    • ---
    • Thursday night the pre-registration will be closed. Don't wait till the last minute. This helps organizers, mainly the tournament arbiter, to make all paper work including name tags.
    • ---
    • The tournament website [ http://summeropen-2014.aurorachessclub.ca ] was slightly changed with information about lapsed CFC memberships, byes, and a prize distribution.
    • ---
    • We'll update ratings/memberships after the CFC publish the new list.
    • ---
    • For these big participant numbers and obtained sponsorships [ http://summeropen-2014.aurorachessclub.ca/sponsors ] the prize fund was calculated as 3600$. The distribution at http://summeropen-2014.aurorachessclub.ca/prize-fund The Open section's 1st prize is 700$. We created a new U1000 prize subsection in the U1300 section, one with most participants (41).
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Thursday, 3rd July, 2014, 08:46 AM.

Re: 2014 Aurora summer Open - final countown -2 days

Bumping up through politics (heads) :)

Comment

Bernie Prost informed me that parents can use one room upstairs during games (and players for analyzes/skittles/etc). He had not much time to explain everything concerning the room. I'll inform later when he'll provide details.

Comment

Egis, I'm wondering how close is Viva Blue stop to the tournament location. Daniel might need to use public transportation as I likely won't be available to drive him to Aurora.

I'm also wondering if anyone plans to drive to Aurora Open via Bathurst/Steeles and would be willing to give Daniel a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor Sirkovich View Post
          Egis, I'm wondering how close is Viva Blue stop to the tournament location. Daniel might need to use public transportation as I likely won't be available to drive him to Aurora.

I'm also wondering if anyone plans to drive to Aurora Open via Bathurst/Steeles and would be willing to give Daniel a ride.
          Thnx for the questions.

1. The Viva/Blue bus stop is located at Yonge & Wellington, and it is about 1.3 km to the playing place. (For me it would be near as I used to walk)

2. Will try to find somebody :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            Thnx for the questions.

1. The Viva/Blue bus stop is located at Yonge & Wellington, and it is about 1.3 km to the playing place. (For me it would be near as I used to walk)

Hi Egidijus,

Could you please check your inbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
              Could you please check your inbox?
              Solved.

118 players.

Keep in mind - no outside food in the building.

Parents - spend some time visiting a local farmers market. This weekend is with a special event 'Art in the Park'. At the Nokiidaa trail you can observe several type of herons and a bunch of turtles.

Comment

Thank you so much.
                Daniel is used to walk, so 1.3 km is not a problem in case he doesn't find a ride.

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                Thnx for the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor Sirkovich View Post
                  he doesn't find a ride.
                  I think this will be solved soon. Daniel should check his email tomorrow.

120 players. The prize fund was adjusted to reflect these numbers. [ http://summeropen-2014.aurorachessclub.ca/prize-fund ]

Players list, byes, etc updated too

Tournament details at http://summeropen-2014.aurorachessclub.ca
                  Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Thursday, 3rd July, 2014, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X