Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request # 2 to Nigel, Moderator

Hi Nigel:

There are three CFC Presidential endorsement polls.

Most voters are reading the thread headings and voting in the right polls.

But two have not, and one duplicate voted (likely realized his mistake with his first vote).

Can you withdraw a voter from a poll, for not legally being entitled to vote there, on the say-so of the Poll Monitor (me :D )?

If so, then please:

CFC Voting Members Poll: remove Vlad Dobrich;
    Public Poll: remove Bindi Cheng;
    CFC Non-Voting Member Poll: remove Halldor Palsson.

If any object to this, they can defend their vote here.

Thanks.

Bob

Yip

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Hi Nigel:

There are three CFC Presidential endorsement polls.

Most voters are reading the thread headings and voting in the right polls.

But two have not, and one duplicate voted (likely realized his mistake with his first vote).

Can you withdraw a voter from a poll, for not legally being entitled to vote there, on the say-so of the Poll Monitor (me :D )?

If so, then please:

CFC Voting Members Poll: remove Vlad Dobrich;
    Public Poll: remove Bindi Cheng;
    CFC Non-Voting Member Poll: remove Halldor Palsson.

If any object to this, they can defend their vote here.

Thanks.

Bob
    Hi Nigel:

We have just had another illegal duplicate vote.

Michael Yip is not a current CFC Non-Voting Member (expired 2006-05-01). Although he voted correctly in the Public poll first, he may think he has made a mistake doing this, and tried to correct it by voting a second time in the CFC Non-Voting Members Poll.

Would you please remove him from that poll if you can (he can be left in the Public poll).

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Re: Yip

Bob, I don't think I can change such things. I will have a look anyway. An administrator here might be able to.

[Maybe one poll might have been simpler to administer. For next time.]
      Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
        Bob, I don't think I can change such things. I will have a look anyway. An administrator here might be able to.

[Maybe one poll might have been simpler to administer. For next time.]
        Hi Nigel:

Thanks - let me know if the admin. can do it. Would you ask them to, if they can?

As to the three polls - most voters are getting it right. Only have two in the wrong place. And two duplicate voted, one of the votes actually being in the right place.

Putting it all into one poll, and keeping three questions, and keeping the three constituencies separate, may also have made for a perplexing poll for the few who aren't alert.

Bob

Comment

Hi Nigel:

Thanks - let me know if the admin. can do it. Would you ask them to, if they can?
          That's Larry and he is very difficult to contact sometimes. You have as good a chance as I do.

As to the three polls - most voters are getting it right. Only have two in the wrong place. And two duplicate voted, one of the votes actually being in the right place.

Putting it all into one poll, and keeping three questions, and keeping the three constituencies separate, may also have made for a perplexing poll for the few who aren't alert.

Bob
          A voluntary internet poll, however you administer it, it misleading already. Only those who feel like participating do so. Making a big show of it just doubles the problems. Many questions make for many mistakes.

I also get the impression that this could be used as a means to support one candidate or another rather than as a way to shed light on the differing views. In regular politics this is called a "push poll" .

A push poll is an interactive marketing technique, most commonly employed during political campaigning, in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of voters under the guise of conducting a poll.

In a push poll, large numbers of voters are contacted briefly (often less than 60 seconds), and little or no effort is made to collect and analyze response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as a poll. Push polls may rely on innuendo or knowledge gleaned from opposition research on an opponent.
          from Wikipedia
          Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 3rd July, 2014, 11:00 AM. Reason: wiki
          Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re : Re: Yip

Hi Nigel:

Bob
            Hi Bob,
            Would you email or PM me?
            Tx

Comment

Working...
            X