2014 Aurora Summer Open - final countdown -1 day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Aurora Summer Open - final countdown -1 day

5 more players wish to fight in a game of game - chess.

Please not only read but act accordingly:

Your pre-registration is not enough to be paired for round 1 !!!

YOU MUST COME AND REGISTER BEFORE 9 AM TO BE PAIRED FOR ROUND 1

Don't wait till last minute. A line of ~125 players can be very long.

Round 1 will start at 9:30 am.

Re: 2014 Aurora Summer Open - final countdown -1 day

One more thing:

CFC memberships: join/renew at http://www.chess.ca/membership-rates or at the site; or pay a non-member tournament fee. The list of expired/non-members at http://summeropen-2014.aurorachesscl...rship-renewals

Comment

Looking at Google Maps StreetView, I am wondering if we need overflow parking. Is that parking lot on the other side of the trees also available?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
        Looking at Google Maps StreetView, I am wondering if we need overflow parking. Is that parking lot on the other side of the trees also available?
        Other parking lot belongs to the town community centre. The centre is under construction at this moment, thus the entrance could be closed too. I'll ask my colleagues to check that too.

Comment

Results/pairings will be uploaded on the tournament website. Later they will be duplicated at chess-results.

I'll collect carboncopies of the Open section. Maybe I'll be able to post several games tomorrow.

I'll be taking pictures again. If you wish something worth for hanging let me now in advance and I'll put more efforts. If you don't wish to be photographed at all let me know too. However this excludes the Open section.

Reminder again: come early to register, play blitz later, chat, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            5 more players wish to fight in a game of game - chess.

Please not only read but act accordingly:

Your pre-registration is not enough to be paired for round 1 !!!

YOU MUST COME AND REGISTER BEFORE 9 AM TO BE PAIRED FOR ROUND 1

Don't wait till last minute. A line of ~125 players can be very long.

Round 1 will start at 9:30 am.

Hi Egidijus:

I'm sticking this post here because I don't want to drag yet another thread back up onto the main page. It's kind-of full of other stuff :)

You recently took some flak for posting pictures on here.

I can understand why people, particularly the parents of children, would not necessarily want pictures posted on-line. There was some debate about the ethics of this. IMHO I don't think you did anything wrong, but obviously it caused concern. The "art" defence was BS. But the "for profit" argument also had problems. I don't see how the Aurora CC is getting rich off the image of a given individual.

My point, long-winded as it is, is that perhaps you should make certain to inform all participants or parents that photos will be taken and those photos will be posted on-line as a record of the event. Anybody who doesn't want their (child's) photo posted can opt out. Most people will be fine with their photo being posted (mine's been posted before--sadly I was botching my game). Others are much more private.

I would say that one thing you should definitely *not* do without permission is post the names or other personal details without permission.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
              I'm sticking...
              Thnx for your comments. The thread was useful not only to me but others too. imho, pictures and (pgn) games are to promote chess, and the game part where people play not make politics. This forum lacks these attributes.

Got final pre-reg numbers: 129. We planned go over 100 but not close to 130. Hope, that these numbers will stay tomorrow as # players who showed up :)

Please be patient with the tournament arbiter Graeme handling hordes of players. He went a long way to make this event international & interprovincial :) He is jealous to us that we (Bernie and me) will play and he doesn't LOL

See everybody tomorrow before 9 am :)

Comment

Working...
              X