Rapid today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapid today

Is anyone coming to play at the Rapid today? Is the Strategy Games location not suitable for you? Would you prefer to play at a pub?
    Anyone have an opinion?

Re: Rapid today

Sorry to hear about the poor turnout. I am preparing for the Las Vegas bridge tournament July 15-27, but once that is done I hope to be back. The pub atmosphere makes the rapid more enjoyable in that you can have a drink, food or watch tv in between rounds. The drawback is the extra noise and some patrons do not appreciate chess players. I prefer the pub, but it would not matter that much in my decision to attend. Vlad keep up the good work and as I have told you, your efforts rarely get the thanks they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
      Sorry to hear about the poor turnout. I am preparing for the Las Vegas bridge tournament July 15-27, but once that is done I hope to be back. The pub atmosphere makes the rapid more enjoyable in that you can have a drink, food or watch tv in between rounds. The drawback is the extra noise and some patrons do not appreciate chess players. I prefer the pub, but it would not matter that much in my decision to attend. Vlad keep up the good work and as I have told you, your efforts rarely get the thanks they deserve.
      Hi, Ian, I totally agree with you that Vlad's efforts rely get the thanks they deserve! I've played lately in a few of these tournaments and enjoyed them tremendously! Have a good trip and looking forward to see you soon! Your backgammon client, LOL!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
        This coming Saturday we'll still be at Strategy Games but after that we'll decide what is best. Any other comments are appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Vlad D

Comment

Thanks Sasha,

Oh, btw CFC Presidents get even less thanks! Good luck with your campaign. I am more or less out of chess now, but I am sure you will make a great President.
          I do not know the other Vlad you are running against, but I can say that you, Nava Starr and Sid Belzberg have done much for chess in the past. I remember you helped bring players for the Croatian International tournaments 25 years ago. I believe you also housed them and provided transportation for them. Nava has represented Canada probably more than any female in Canadian history and Sid was a tremendous support of chess, helping various players and making many of our strong Olympic teams possible.

Comment

Unfortunately I could not make it last Saturday but I will be there this Saturday (July 12th). Count me in Vlad.

Comment

Working...
            X