Best way to get from Montreal airport YUL to Fairmont Queen Elizabeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to get from Montreal airport YUL to Fairmont Queen Elizabeth?

Is it the Via Rail train? Bus?

Someone had a computer emergency which really messed up my last minute packing late last night. Hopefully I don't forget anything essential.

Re: Best way to get from Montreal airport YUL to Fairmont Queen Elizabeth?

http://www.stm.info/sites/default/fi...bus/en/747.pdf

Hotel is bus stop five. I usually take the limo in - but in recent times I enjoy the scenic bus ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
      http://www.stm.info/sites/default/fi...bus/en/747.pdf

Hotel is bus stop five. I usually take the limo in - but in recent times I enjoy the scenic bus ride.
      Thanks Andy. I am leaving for the airport shortly.

Comment

After you leave the baggage area, turn right and you will see the 747 bus signs. $10 cash, which includes a bus/metro ticket valid for 24 hours (however - it might be only the rest of the day). You can buy tickets before boarding. Taxi is a flat fare in the $35 range.

Comment

Did you end up taking the bus - if so how was it?
          Last edited by Andy Shaw; Tuesday, 15th July, 2014, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
              Yes I took the bus and the trip was enjoyable and quite simple as far as finding the hotel since I knew that it was above the train station. The bus let me off across the street. Thank you for the advice. It was quite helpful.

I didn't use the bus ticket the rest of the day as I preferred to explore the nearby city on foot. I have been to Montreal a couple of times either passing through on my way to Quebec City to meet with FIDE and FQE officials three years ago or in the middle of winter on a specific business at the U.S. consulate that took me in and out of the city in a few hours. This is the first time I have been able to spend any time in the city and I already love Montreal. The people are friendly. The architecture and the atmosphere in the old city are intoxicating. The food is delicious and dangerous.

Comment

I've been around a little bit and I'm still trying to find something that beats Montreal on a nice summer day. But then again, maybe I feel that way because I've experimented with Montreal winters as well... :)

Comment

Working...
                X