The trophies are coming...the trophies are coming......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The trophies are coming...the trophies are coming......

I have been trying to get an email to the organizers of the CYCC to let them know that the trophies are on the way.......I am getting nothing but grief from website and email problems at the CFC,...and now it seems the FQE as well.........

So, please somebody, let the CYCC organizers (Roman, Richard, Aris) know that 6 large boxes are being sent by Canada Post ExpressPost addressed to the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel. They left Burlington this morning and should arrive in Montreal on wednesday.

Thank you.

Re : The trophies are coming...the trophies are coming......

Hi Bob !

I'm really sorry, I tried four times today to answer your email and never managed to get it send without receiving a delivery status notification.
    I have no idea what causes that issue, but we are aware of the trophies being on their way and the hotel is ready to receive them.

Sorry for the communication issue !

Comment

Re: Re : The trophies are coming...the trophies are coming......

This is way too funny!

The Chess'n Math Association gives the CFC $8,000 a year to be the official supplier of chess books, equipment etc. to the CFC and its members. Now we have the CFC Executive Director saying...hey your trophies are on the way...ummm did they buy them from their "official supplier"...duh...why would they do that! Chess trophies ...nah that probably does not fall within the agreement right?

We were also the official supplier to the FQE and its members before. At some point I found out that the FQE had purchased chess equipment from someone else...we were compensated after I brought it to their attention...but what exactly does "Official Supplier" mean anyway?

Take the money and buy elsewhere?

Integrity?

I am sorry for this rant as I love what is happening in Montreal over the next 12 or more days...but yes...I am not a happy camper today....

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
        This is way too funny!

The Chess'n Math Association gives the CFC $8,000 a year to be the official supplier of chess books, equipment etc. to the CFC and its members. Now we have the CFC Executive Director saying...hey your trophies are on the way...ummm did they buy them from their "official supplier"...duh...why would they do that! Chess trophies ...nah that probably does not fall within the agreement right?

We were also the official supplier to the FQE and its members before. At some point I found out that the FQE had purchased chess equipment from someone else...we were compensated after I brought it to their attention...but what exactly does "Official Supplier" mean anyway?

Take the money and buy elsewhere?

Integrity?

I am sorry for this rant as I love what is happening in Montreal over the next 12 or more days...but yes...I am not a happy camper today....

Larry
        DO NOT PANIC

They're talking about the JUMBO permanent trophies the CFC (wisely???) bought a few years ago, and let the kids get photographed with at the end of the CYCC before they go back into storage in some lucky person's garage or hallway. Really.

I'm bringing three of them in my car on Wed too.

RETURN TO CAMPING HAPPILY

Comment

LOL Okay Thanks John :)

I guess the main issue with me on this event has been that the FQE made all their purchases...clocks, trophies etc elsewhere...so we are getting very little return on our $8,000 investment....to the CFC LOL Yes we get to set up a booth at both events and that is awesome! I understand that the FQE says...hey...you dropped us as official supplier so we owe you nothing.

So why did I make that decision? This year the Canadian and the Quebec Open were combined. CMA was giving $3,500 to the FQE and $8,000 to the CFC for the Official Supplier status. Since they were being combined this year, we saw no need in renewing our FQE sponsorship.

I guess, with 20-20 hindsight, I would like to see an accepted bid by the CFC include the stipulation that purchases of chess related stuff be made from their official supplier...otherwise I think we have to walk away from this arrangement....and we have an escape clause in our contract around the corner :)

Larry

Comment

These trophies pre date the sale of the Ottawa Office Larry, by several years. We almost scrapped them during the move.

Comment

Hi Hal,

I know the story about the trophies Bob is referring to (thanks to John tweeking my memory...CYCC Ottawa organizers...Gordon? stumbling on them at an Ottawa Trophy shop :) however what can we do about what transpired this year, in the future? Next year the event is being organized by great folks in Windsor? What can I expect?

Larry

Comment

Working...
              X