Breaking news from the Canadian Open!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking news from the Canadian Open!

The reporter from Le Devoir told me that he had been told that two players resigned from the CFC because of the FIDE election.

Their names.....

Sasha Starr and Michael von Keitz.

I corrected the misleading impression. Michael is still a member though he probably won't play much while attending law school. Sasha on the other hand..... Seems too good to be true.

So much for the story that the Kasparov people aren't planting these stories. Pathetic. The best turnout at CYCC and the Canadian Open in recent history and someone has to try to make it a negative story. And you wonder why we won't vote for GK.

By the way I lost against a 2286 player after turning down a draw in some slight time trouble. I should have taken the draw and taken a nap.

Another game in 20 minutes.

Re: Breaking news from the Canadian Open!

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    The reporter from Le Devoir told me that he had been told that two players resigned from the CFC because of the FIDE election.

Their names.....

Sasha Starr and Michael von Keitz.

I corrected the misleading impression. Michael is still a member though he probably won't play much while attending law school. Sasha on the other hand..... Seems too good to be true.

So much for the story that the Kasparov people aren't planting these stories. Pathetic. The best turnout at CYCC and the Canadian Open in recent history and someone has to try to make it a negative story. And you wonder why we won't vote for GK.

By the way I lost against a 2286 player after turning down a draw in some slight time trouble. I should have taken the draw and taken a nap.

Another game in 20 minutes.
    You have a potential to become a good comedian. Keep trying!

Comment

Yet another example (as if we needed one) of your bad judgement.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        Someone with good judgement probably wouldn't want to be CFC president.

Oh well things even out. I should have lost the last game and drew with mutual perpetual checks. Almost fell for a trap a few times but managed to avoid the blunders.

Comment

fending off unsound attacks

Oh well things even out. I should have lost the last game and drew with mutual perpetual checks. Almost fell for a trap a few times but managed to avoid the blunders.
          I'm not surprised that you've eluded another unsound attack. Lots of practice lately.
          Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
            OMG...get a life sonny!
            Fred Harvey

Comment

Working...
            X