Kitchener Chess Fest starts next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchener Chess Fest starts next week!

With all the excitement at the Canadian Open and CYCC this year it has been very easy to forget that the 9th Annual Kitchener Chess Festival starts next week!

Arrival day for the first ever North American Junior is Wednesday July 30. White makes their first moves at 10:00am Thursday morning. The 9 round event features Canadian stars FM Razvan Preotu, IM Richard Wang and WFM Jackie Peng at takes place in the Crystal Ballroom of the Walper Hotel, corner of King and Queen, in downtown Kitchener.

Just a few blocks away, on Friday August 1, Kitchener City Hall will be the venue for the Canadian Seniors (65 ), the first Canadian Veterans (50 ) and the 8th Annual Canadian Amateur. Family and team cash prizes are up for grabs along with placement prizes in each section.

Other Festival attractions include the weekend barbecue, free to all participants, and the Saturday night blitz tournament. This is the affordable summer event you won’t want to miss. More information and registration details can be found at www.chessfest.ca

See you soon!
    Last edited by Hal Bond; Saturday, 26th July, 2014, 04:15 PM.

Re: Kitchener Chess Fest starts next week!

Dear Hal,
    I want to apologize for pre registering for the over 2000 section. You posted my name on the website and no one else has registered for that section because they are unsure of their chances to win the section now. Hopefully some more players will take up the challenge and register soon.
    :)
    Brian

Comment

The blitz tournament isn't listed on the website or in the schedule. More details please ! :)

Also do you still need any highschooler volunteers?
      Christopher Mallon
      FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Thanks Chris - the Blitz tournament takes place after the third round of the City Hall events, likely 8 ish on Saturday night. Yes we would love to have more high school volunteers. I will check in with Patrick tomorrow(this past week and returns tomorrow he managed to take a few holidays).

Comment

Working...
        X