Why KASPAROV is winning: his program, integrity, team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why KASPAROV is winning: his program, integrity, team.

As a reminder, our core initiatives:

Develop chess-in-education programs worldwide. It brings tremendous benefits to kids and schools and it also grows the base we need to support the sport and to attract public and private sponsorship.

Reduce and then eliminate all federation fees to FIDE. Federations keep and spend their own money. FIDE will aid and counsel the federations – not exploit them, not take from them.

Create an online network to connect all the world’s chessplayers, online and off. A FIDE membership of millions will be very attractive for commercial sponsors. All our administration will ask of the federations is to be active and provide us with more players.

Cultivate regional cooperation between federations and also create new commissions to bond federations by shared language, not merely geography. All official FIDE activities will be performed in multiple languages so every federation can participate equally and fairly.

Unfortunately, Mr. Ilyumzhinov has failed to provide any plan of his own and his entire campaign consists of myths, lies, and personal and legal attacks against me and my team, so I feel obliged to respond. My reputation is my life and I will fight to protect it. We may assume the Ilyumzhinov campaign platform is four more years of the same. Four more years of doing nothing in education. Four more years of doing nothing on the internet. Four more years without title sponsors. Four more years of federations going bankrupt while officials take money out of the sport instead of bringing it in.

After 19 years, everyone knows what Mr. Ilyumzhinov is and it is surprising that he wishes to fight a negative campaign considering his own deeply troubling history. Being accused of corruption by Kirsan Ilyumzhinov is like being called greedy by King Midas himself! It is almost as if he creates new scandals simply to make people forget about the old ones. But Google never forgets and the chess world shouldn’t either.

Investors evaluate reputation and quality before investing and the same thing is true with potential FIDE sponsors. They look at Mr. Ilyumzhinov’s history and rate it “AAA”: Aliens, Assad, and Agon!

Re: Why KASPAROV is winning: his program, integrity, team.

The support for chess is there. The money for chess is there. You only need to know where to look and how to ask and how to follow through. My team and I know – we have been proving it around the world since we launched our campaign in October. Garry Kasparov.

Comment

Re: Why KASPAROV is winning: his program, integrity, team.

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
      The support for chess is there. The money for chess is there. You only need to know where to look and how to ask and how to follow through. My team and I know – we have been proving it around the world since we launched our campaign in October. Garry Kasparov.
      KI knows too. The Kasparov's team did not bid for the world championship, thus Kirsan had a chat with his friend and here you go >> Sochi'14 :)

Comment

Working...
      X