Dinara Saduakassova

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinara Saduakassova

This story on Dinara Saduakassova, with a very strong Kazakh flavour, raises an apposite Canadian chess question for me. While Canada is ranked higher than Kazakhstan by FIDE, #37 to #45, there is simply no question who is superior on the women's side. Kazakhstn can field a team of 4 WGMs (all 2300 plus FIDE) while Canada has nary a single WGM. Canada's top rated female player, Yuanling Yuan, has a 2241 FIDE rating. Why is there such a discrepancy on the female side of the ledger?

http://www.astanatimes.com/2014/07/k...sh-tournament/
    Last edited by Jack Maguire; Tuesday, 29th July, 2014, 09:19 AM.

Re: Dinara Saduakassova

Great question - one of life's many mysteries.

Comment

Kazakh women have more male testosterone - they have to shave every morning! :)
      Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Tuesday, 29th July, 2014, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
        Kazakh women have more male testosterone - they have to shave every morning! :)
        ok, Borat!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
          Why is there such a discrepancy on the female side of the ledger?
          Wasn't you brought to our attention an article about quitting girls some weeks ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            Wasn't you brought to our attention an article about quitting girls some weeks ago?
            No, I never posted the following news item, Egis.

http://www.orangeville.com/news-stor...n-high-school/

I believe it may have found its way to a CFC forum however.

Unless you're referring to my 'Why Isn't Chess Cool?' post, the musings of a Guelph chess mom.

Comment

No, I never posted the following news item
              Yep. It was by John Coleman ( http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...irls-and-chess ). Sorry.

Comment

This story on Dinara Saduakassova, with a very strong Kazakh flavour, raises an apposite Canadian chess question for me. While Canada is ranked higher than Kazakhstan by FIDE, #37 to #45, there is simply no question who is superior on the women's side. Kazakhstn can field a team of 4 WGMs (all 2300 plus FIDE) while Canada has nary a single WGM. Canada's top rated female player, Yuanling Yuan, has a 2241 FIDE rating. Why is there such a discrepancy on the female side of the ledger?

http://www.astanatimes.com/2014/07/k...sh-tournament/
                Let's take a look at those two ladies.

Both ladies are gifted with exceptional chess talent and both are successful in other areas.
                Dinara is or is planing to become a professional chess player
                Chess is my lifestyle and as an athlete I continue dedicating my life to this sport. Young girls are following my lead.

Yuanling will start her 3rd year at Yale, this year she co-founded a start-up online company, still playing chess at the high level (top 20 women in Americas) and work as an intern as a top financial British corporation.

I hope young girls are following her lead too ... for sure does not look easy!
                Last edited by Andrei Botez; Tuesday, 29th July, 2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Dinara Saduakassova was the #3 ranked U18 female in the world prior to this Spanish tournament. Given she was only 3 FIDE points behind the #2, she's almost assuredly #2 come August. Dinara is also playing top board for the Kazakhstan Olympiad team in Tromso.

Zhansaya Abdumalik, by far the strongest U14 female on the planet (by 168 FIDE points!), will play the #2 board in Tromso. Kazakhstan also boast the #2 ranked U10 in the world, Bibissara Assaubayeva, but she's not playing in Tromso (:

I wonder how soon we'll see a single Canadian on any of the following top ten lists? There are 11 Americans.

http://www.chess-teaching.com/world_youth_tops.php

Comment

Dinara Saduakassova was the #3 ranked U18 female in the world prior to this Spanish tournament. Given she was only 3 FIDE points behind the #2, she's almost assuredly #2 come August. Dinara is also playing top board for the Kazakhstan Olympiad team in Tromso.

Zhansaya Abdumalik, by far the strongest U14 female on the planet (by 168 FIDE points!), will play the #2 board in Tromso. Kazakhstan also boast the #2 ranked U10 in the world, Bibissara Assaubayeva, but she's not playing in Tromso (:

I wonder how soon we'll see a single Canadian on any of the following top ten lists? There are 11 Americans.

http://www.chess-teaching.com/world_youth_tops.php
                    Sorry Jack, you don't get my point. My point is that going to a school like Yale will create way more opportunities than being top chess junior girl in the world.

Also USA has so many times more players than us and Canada still produce World/N American Girls Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
                      Sorry Jack, you don't get my point. My point is that going to a school like Yale will create way more opportunities than being top chess junior girl in the world.
                      There is a particular GM who believes that is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse Wang View Post
                        There is a particular GM who believes that is incorrect.
                        Who?

10char

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
                          My point is that going to a school like Yale will create way more opportunities than being top chess junior girl in the world.
                          I disagree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
                            I disagree 100%.
                            Nowadays, that is changing due to not much opportunities available after completing Yale University for young peoples. Somebody may not agree with that.

Comment

University education can still create many opportunities, but not as often as before. Many graduates find they need to get further practical education (i.e. Community College) to make them more employable.

Comment

Working...
                              X