Razvan Preotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Razvan Preotu

How did he get so strong so fast? Does he plan on being a professional chess player? What are his future events?

Re: Razvan Preotu

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
    How did he get so strong so fast? Does he plan on being a professional chess player? What are his future events?
    Andy, family does not want to make this public. For his next tournament check North American U 20 Chess Championship page.
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Thursday, 31st July, 2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

[Event "2014 NA Junior Ch"]
      [Site "Can"]
      [Date "2014.08.03"]
      [Round "7.7"]
      [White "Preotu, Razvan"]
      [Black "Itkin, David"]
      [Result "1-0"]
      [ECO "B63"]
      [WhiteElo "2341"]
      [BlackElo "2096"]
      [PlyCount "73"]
      [EventDate "2014.??.??"]
      [SourceDate "2014.07.19"]

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 d6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 Nf6 5. Nc3 Nc6 6. Bg5 e6 7. Qd2 Be7 8.
      O-O-O O-O 9. f3 Nxd4 10. Qxd4 Qa5 11. h4 a6 12. Kb1 Rd8 13. Qd2 Qc7 14. Bd3 b5
      15. g4 b4 16. Ne2 Bb7 17. Qe1 Qc5 18. Ng3 d5 19. e5 Nd7 20. f4 a5 21. f5 a4 22.
      f6 gxf6 23. exf6 Nxf6 24. Qe5 Nd7 25. Qf4 b3 26. Bxh7 Kxh7 27. Qxf7 Kh8 28.
      Qh5 Kg8 29. Qg6 Kh8 30. Qh6 Kg8 31. Qxe6 Kh8 32. Qh6 Kg8 33. Qg6 Kh8 34.
      Nf5 bxc2 35. Ka1 cxd1=Q 36. Rxd1 Bf8 37. Bh6 1-0

Very impressive game.

Comment

I'm not sure what Razvan intended after 25... f6.

Comment

BUMP.

Comment

BUMP.

I can guess at the answer to only the first question; he played a lot of chess and I don't recall him ever being even the slightest bit upset about losing - even when he was very young (?8 or so). It is as if he always considered every game a lesson(!) He apparently has made use of coaching services provided over the Internet (via Skype or similar collaboration software if I recall some earlier reports). No doubt that is an expensive undertaking as is the travel to various tournaments etc. I know his father Rene continues to provide a lot of support and encouragement. Razvan was always able to absorb ideas and extrapolate - clearly these are abilities that serve him well. In addition to all of that, he is a very humble young man.

As for the other questions, I think we might have to wait for the answer to present itself. I would guess that he is working hard at achieving his GM norms and getting his rating above 2500 (to achieve the GM title). Once that achievement is complete, I hope he continues to play competitively; whether one can make a living out of playing chess is not for me to say. My congratulations to him on what he has achieved through hard work and dedication; continued success!
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

What are his future events?
              http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...Pro-Am-Nov-1-2
              Guelph Pro-Am Nov. 1-2
              1 Razvan Preotu

Comment

Working...
              X