• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsen - Caruana

Any one watching the main game - insane tactics! >>>>>>
    http://www.chessbomb.com/arena/2014-...aruana_Fabiano

Re: Carlsen - Caruana

It certainly appears to me that Fabiano is about to go plus 3 and Magnus minus 1, Vlad, which makes Magnus very much a long shot to win this event now.

Comment

All three games are interesting tactics with initiative. Thank God for Rex Sinquefeld who creates optimum conditions for players to respond and play their collective best! Having said that the computer has changed its evaluations (always a good sign when revealing quality tactical insanity) and is currently spouting a 20 move variation leading with Qg5 which I predict will soon change in Whites favour. No backing up from Magnus or Fabiano - tactical smorgasbord on the board. I dont understand all of it but I love it!!

Comment

Not so fast Jack, I like Whites position.

Comment

Caruana is indeed 3/3 in this field which is beyond impressive. Aronian and MVL both have 1.5/3 and Carlsen, Nakamura, and Topalov each have 1.0/3. There's only been 3 draws to date in the 9 games so the fans in St. Louis must be happy (:
          Last edited by Jack Maguire; Friday, 29th August, 2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
            Caruana is indeed 3/3 in this field which is beyond impressive. Aronian and MVL both have 1.5/3 and Carlsen, Nakamura, and Topalov each have 1.0/3.
            I'm rooting for Nakamura but it seem Caruana is on fire!
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Caruana has picked up 30.7 FIDE points on Carlsen this month and is now within 45.3 points. He's also pulled ahead of Aronian by 12.7 points and a solid #2.

http://www.2700chess.com/

Comment

It seems if I like a position Magnus should be running from it.:D Anyways exciting chess and insane tactics as Vlad pointed out. An alert Naka would not have missed the Bxf2 shot in yesterdays game. Is Fabulous Fabiano just super hot or has he finally turned into the scary top dog? Makes for very interesting viewing.
                What will he do against Aronian today?

Comment

The opening he played against Caruana yesterday with the tactics looked like what you see in a coffee house. Didn't work.

I think if Magnus wants to win this event he'll have to do more than simply show up.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I agree. He's got alot of opening work to do and that takes time. Im interested to see how that affects the rest of his tournament. Meanwhile Fabiano! - who's going to finally stop him?

Comment

Working...
                    X