2014 Toronto Labour Day Open -- updated registration list -- 97 players so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open -- updated registration list -- 97 players so far

the 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open preregistered count has nearly reached 100 players. the list is viewable at http://gtachessevents.wix.com/labourdayopen and then click on the big red link saying preregistered.

The website is open for registration only until MIDNIGHT tonight. if for whatever reason you want to preregister after midnight... you'll have to email me directly at bryan.lamb@rogers.com.

Re: 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open -- updated registration list -- 97 players so far

Originally posted by Bryan Lamb View Post
    the 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open preregistered count has nearly reached 100 players. the list is viewable at http://gtachessevents.wix.com/labourdayopen and then click on the big red link saying preregistered.

The website is open for registration only until MIDNIGHT tonight. if for whatever reason you want to preregister after midnight... you'll have to email me directly at bryan.lamb@rogers.com.
    Hi Bryan:

In the U 1800 it shows:

"3 J Armstrong Robert 9101423 1726".

This is in error - my current CFC rating is only 1587 (I am playing up a section). Also, I don't know what the ID No. is from. It is not my CFC membership number, which is 100034. Can you please correct this, otherwise I will be playing down all the time, rather than up (the reason I'm playing up a section!)

Bob A

Comment

Re: 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open -- updated registration list -- 97 players so far

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
      Hi Bryan:

In the U 1800 it shows:

"3 J Armstrong Robert 9101423 1726".

This is in error - my current CFC rating is only 1587 (I am playing up a section). Also, I don't know what the ID No. is from. It is not my CFC membership number, which is 100034. Can you please correct this, otherwise I will be playing down all the time, rather than up (the reason I'm playing up a section!)

Bob A
      Hi Bryan:

Did some further research - you are using my FQE rating??

Here is the FQE page for me:

Cotes des joueurs
      # No Nom, prénom Lentes Semi-rapides Rapides Région Membre
      Cote Parties Cote Parties Cote Parties
      1 101423 ARMSTRONG Robert J. 1726.18 42 0.0 0 0.0 0 Région inconnue 2015/07/26

You should be using my CFC rating, which is only 1587. Can you please correct this.

Also, I note that the ID no. you have for me on your pre-registered list is neither my CFC membership no., nor my FQE Membership No.??? But it is my FQE No. with a "9" in front of it.

So it seems this is the source of the error. In talking to Canadian arbiters, this CFC/FQE confusion now exists in the database, since the cooperation agreement between CFC and FQE was signed a few years ago - it is a duplication problem apparently.

Bob A
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 29th August, 2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Bryan:

Did some further research - you are using my FQE rating??

Here is the FQE page for me:

Cotes des joueurs
        # No Nom, prénom Lentes Semi-rapides Rapides Région Membre
        Cote Parties Cote Parties Cote Parties
        1 101423 ARMSTRONG Robert J. 1726.18 42 0.0 0 0.0 0 Région inconnue 2015/07/26

You should be using my CFC rating, which is only 1587. Can you please correct this.

Also, I note that the ID no. you have for me on your pre-registered list is neither my CFC membership no., nor my FQE Membership No.??? But it is my FQE No. with a "9" in front of it.

So it seems this is the source of the error. In talking to Canadian arbiters, this CFC/FQE confusion now exists in the database, since the cooperation agreement between CFC and FQE was signed a few years ago - it is a duplication problem apparently.

Bob A
        TLDO Organizer, Randy Moysoski, just posted to me on the FB 2014 Toronto Labour Day Open Chess Tournament page:

"ok will b done! sorry about that!!"

Thanks Randy, and pass on my thanks to Bryan.

Bob A

Comment

Is the ID number the FIDE ID?? Otherwise, I don't know what mine comes from either!

Comment

CHECK TD LIST AT CFC Re: 2014 Toronto Labour Dayregistration list - 97 players so far

Originally posted by Dave Southam View Post
            Is the ID number the FIDE ID?? Otherwise, I don't know what mine comes from either!

CHECK TD LIST AT CFC
            Re: 2014 Toronto Labour Dayregistration list - 97 players so far

http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt

The CFC has negotiated an agreement with SwissSys!

Tournament directors in Canada can use SwissSys8 free of charge to run their tournaments.
            AS OF June 15th, 2009: CFCmembers.mde datafile for loading registration of players now contains FIDE Number and FIDE Rating information. For loading from datafile you may designate ID #2 as "FIDE NUMBER" and Rating #2 as "FIDE Rating". This function should save a lot of work for all involved. http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/cfcmembers.mde

Comment

Working...
            X