Toronto thanksgiving open is a go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto thanksgiving open is a go!

I am pleased to announce that St Clement's of Ohrid Macedonian Community Center will be hosting the 2014 Toronto Thanksgiving Open, for October 11-13, 2014.

I will post tournament details during this weekend. There will be some minor modifications relative to the 2014 Labour Day Open. The most important one is that the Open section (read: above 2000) will be using FIDE's standard INCREMENT time control, which is 40/90 and then 30 min for the rest of the game, with the 30 sec increment starting from move 1. so if you are coming to play in the top section, please ensure that you know how to set your digital clock to this time control.

one other note about time control is that for ALL OTHER SECTIONS I'm going with 30/90, then SD/1 for a max. 5 hour game rather than 6. this will allow a slightly earlier scheduling of the second round of each day.

one further note is that I will be using 4 sections for the event, rather than 5. this will be OPEN, U2000, U1700 and U1400. playing up to the next section at a small fee will be allowed if you are within 100 points of the floor of that section.

our website will be up and operational relatively soon with full details. we will be using the same system as 2014 Labour Day for accepting online entry payments.

Bryan Lamb

Re: Toronto thanksgiving open is a go!

Yay!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re : Re: Toronto thanksgiving open is a go!

And posting a pre-reg list 3 or 4 weeks before the event will add 20% to the turnout!

Comment

Working...
      X