Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Warming Predictions Fail Yet Again

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-1...ea-ice/5742668

Not to mention the arrival of winter in Alberta a few months ahead of schedule.

Re: Global Warming Predictions Fail Yet Again

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Give that Alberta's winter +20C to Toronto LOL

Comment

The article you linked contains this:

" CEO of the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems CRC, Tony Worby, said the warming atmosphere is leading to greater sea ice coverage by changing wind patterns."

Doesn't this contradict the title of your thread?

In any event, hasn't the phrase 'global warming' been considered incorrect for several years now? I'm no student of these matters but I thought the current working term was 'climate change'. Am I wrong?
      Last edited by Peter McKillop; Monday, 15th September, 2014, 05:11 PM.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

" CEO of the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems CRC, Tony Worby, said the warming atmosphere is leading to greater sea ice coverage by changing wind patterns."

In any event, hasn't the phrase 'global warming' been considered incorrect for several years now? I'm no student of these matters but I thought the current working term was 'climate change'. Am I wrong?
        Hi Peter:

Good points.

Vlad is wrongly using " cold weather" as evidence against the element of global warming in climate change, which it obviously isn't.

The relevance of weather in the climate change debate is that the extremes of it, the frequency of the extremes, and the unexpected locations of the extremes of weather (flooding, early and extreme volumes of snow, vicious cold snaps, drought, etc.) are evidence FOR climate change. Climate change is causing these severe weather dislocations, and it is happening all over the world, because we are contradicting by our human life-style, the "Planetary Natural Principles of Sustainability".

Bob A

Comment

The ice caps are supposed to melt and flood the world according to the orthodox interpretation of the divine scriptures of the church of Gaia as handed down by the most sacred prophet Al Gore. Of course this was just prior to his purchase of oceanfront property which seems a bit logically inconsistent but I don't believe this AGW hypothesis so I have no intention of defending it. I am not here to praise Al Gore/David Suzuki I am here to bury their silly ideas.

Global warming has been tossed because the world has stopped warming. Pretty soon even the true believers will not be able to maintain the fiction of warming which is the central premise of climate change dogma. Climate change is a language construct which is bereft of information content since the climate is always changing.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 15th September, 2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I am not here to praise Al Gore/David Suzuki I am here to bury their silly ideas.
            Really? So you posted a link to a news article about climate change in Antarctica and added your own misleading headline. The article gives some excellent information on the effect of climate change in the Antarctic. Vlad, did you real the article first? If so, you should realize it gives evidence in support of climate change.
            Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Tuesday, 16th September, 2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

The ice caps are supposed to melt and flood the world according to the orthodox interpretation of the divine scriptures of the church of Gaia as handed down by the most sacred prophet Al Gore. Of course this was just prior to his purchase of oceanfront property which seems a bit logically inconsistent but I don't believe this AGW hypothesis so I have no intention of defending it. I am not here to praise Al Gore/David Suzuki I am here to bury their silly ideas.

Global warming has been tossed because the world has stopped warming. Pretty soon even the true believers will not be able to maintain the fiction of warming which is the central premise of climate change dogma. Climate change is a language construct which is bereft of information content since the climate is always changing.
              I'm ashamed to say, given that it's potentially THE issue of our lifetimes, that I haven't done a lot of reading on CC. I'm making an effort to change that but an initial hurdle is - how do I gauge the credibility of various sources? Your point of view seems to be clear; could you list two or three sources of CC information (books, essays, etc.) that you consider credible?

And I ask the same question of Bob A. and Bob G. with respect to their point(s) of view.

Thank you.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Environmental APD Report

I'm ashamed to say, given that it's potentially THE issue of our lifetimes, that I haven't done a lot of reading on CC. I'm making an effort to change that but an initial hurdle is - how do I gauge the credibility of various sources? Your point of view seems to be clear; could you list two or three sources of CC information (books, essays, etc.) that you consider credible?

And I ask the same question of Bob A. and Bob G. with respect to their point(s) of view.

Thank you.
                Hi Peter:

I publish a free environmental newsletter, called Environmental APD Report (APD=Anthropogenic Planetary Destruction). It is usually posted here under one of the APD threads. Its content is mostly references to resource articles on the various CC topics, organized by subject. But if you would like to look at the e-newsletter Sept. 1 Issue (or if anyone else would), please just e-mail me at: anthropogenicplanetarydestruct@gmail.com.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                  Really? So you posted a link to a news article about climate change in Antarctica and added your own misleading headline. The article gives some excellent information on the effect of climate change in the Antarctic. Vlad, did you real the article first? If so, you should realize it gives evidence in support of climate change.

Well, I'm not in either camp on this issue... but I for one really liked the very first comment that came up when I looked at this article:

icyduggie2 10:11 PM on 15/09/2014
                  Does this mean that it will eventually get so hot that all the oceans will freeze?
                  Only the rushing is heard...
                  Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Thank you.
                    I would have to dig through my basement to find some more titles but the following reside on my shelf.

"Cool It", by Bjorn Lomborg, 2007.
                    "Red Hot Lies", by Christopher C. Horner, 2008.
                    "The Deniers", by Lawrence Solomon, 2008.
                    "The Really Inconvenient Truths" by Iain Murray, 2008. Not just about AGW.
                    "Heaven and Earth: The Missing Science", by Ian Plimer, 2009.

I just placed a hold on
                    "The bet : Paul Ehrlich, Julian Simon, and our gamble over Earth's future", by Paul Sabin, 2013.

I have most of the Al Gore and Suzuki offerings though I picked them up for free or for cheap at library book sales or thrift stores. I would not buy them new where one of the AGW cabal might collect a royalty on my purchase.

Comment

Peter,

I recommend this series of videos from potholer54:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52KLG...Cv0Wx2B8zLbomy

Warning: If you really want to understand the topic, you will need to invest a lot of time.

Comment

Ok.
                        Let's go through the list:
                        Bjorn Lomborg:""Global warming is real – it is man-made and it is an important problem. But it is not the end of the world."

Next.

Comment

Number 2
                          Christopher C. Horner is a Senior Fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. ExxonMobil Corporation was a major donor to CEI, with over $2 million in contributions between 1998 and 2005. In 2002, the company gave $405,000. In 2004, it gave CEI $180,000 for "global climate change and global climate change outreach."
                          Last edited by Mario Moran-Venegas; Wednesday, 17th September, 2014, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Number 3:
                            Lawrence Solomon does some deep investigation from time to time. But failed to investigate his "deniers" (scientists quoted in the book) ...NONE DENY climate change!!.

Comment

Number 4
                              Iain Murray is the Vice-President of Strategy at the aforementioned CEI. ......

Comment

Working...
                              X