Kasparov the neo-conservative - II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a contrast of views. Who is to be believed?

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    Actually I think they do that on a continual basis. This isn't the first time I have read about such threatened incursions / "training exercises".
    It will probably happen again. There used to be the extensive DEW and Pinetree lines.

Do you think this is harmless?
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      It will probably happen again. There used to be the extensive DEW and Pinetree lines.

No, it is not harmless. One time it might not be a dry run for the main event which is a nuclear attack on Canada and the U.S.A.

I suspect that the U.S. does similar things to countries that it can get away with it against. I think that this is one of the reasons that the Harper government ended Canada's commitment to Kyoto which would have required Canada to pay money to places like Russia for carbon credits so that they could refurbish their nuclear arsenal for future potential use against Canada.

I did not find Kasparov's anti-Russian rants useful in deciding who was the best FIDE presidential candidate. Putin is very popular in Russia. Some of the top Ukrainian politicians have made statements (which may have been private but were intercepted) which strengthen Putin's hand and which I certainly couldn't support. No one is willing to start world war three over this situation but the fact that the U.S. administration has stated that they are not willing to go to the mattresses suggest that the outcome from the point of view of the Ukrainians will not be optimal. When the Ukrainians gave up their nukes the U.S. and other countries made promises to them which currently appear to be worthless. Such is the world in which we live. I think countries like Israel should take note.

Comment

"We do not see these flights as a threat," said John Cornelio, another spokesman for Norad, which is a binational American and Canadian command responsible for air defence in North America."

Nice change of topic. Harmless? Never. This is no more harmful than, say, NATO training exercises on the territory of Ukraine while there is a civil war going on. Probably less. Both sides do this all the time.

In any case, are you really going to claim that you are more knowledgeable about this stuff than an official spokesperson for NORAD?

C'mon. You're making this easier than shooting fish in a barrel.
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post

In any case, are you really going to claim that you are more knowledgeable about this stuff than an official spokesperson for NORAD?

C'mon. You're making this easier than shooting fish in a barrel.
          He's a spokesperson, fool. He feeds you pablum.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I tip my hat to your obvious all-sided genius on every possible subject.

He's a spokesperson, fool. He feeds you pablum.
            Everyone lies but you. Got it. Once again, I tip my hat to your obvious all-sided genius on every possible subject.

Comment

Re: I tip my hat to your obvious all-sided genius on every possible subject.

Everyone lies but you. Got it. Once again, I tip my hat to your obvious all-sided genius on every possible subject.
              I think you embrace any info on the internet which you think in some way supports your views. Using a spokesperson is just too funny. A talking head.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

More over-the-top neo-conservative propaganda from Kasparov. This stuff is right out of the 1950's.

“Putin is the most dangerous man in the world, a greater threat to the United States than the Islamic State,” Kasparov told Yahoo News.

Kasparov urges American and European leaders to act now against Putin, lest they risk another global conflict.
                Start a war to prevent a war. uh huh. Sounds like the neo-con nonsense again.

This part is interesting. It's what I've been saying all along.

His political views have affected his professional career and aspirations. Just last month Kasparov lost his bid for the presidency of the International Chess Federation, to Kirsan Ilyumzhinov ...
                The link is made but the reasoning is shaky. Oh well. It is Yahoo "news" after all.... though over 4,000 comments indicates that plenty are reading it...

In any case, Kasparov better get his ducks in a row. I think Obama had Russia as number 2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Obombya at UN on Russia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	185769
                Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Wednesday, 1st October, 2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

The 1950's was McCarthy if you're old enough to recall.
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

tweeting the neo-con way

Originally posted by latest tweet by Kasparov
                    As oil-funded 'stability for freedoms" swap evaporates, Putin turns to other typical ways for dictators to preserve power. War, ideology.
                    Problem is, Putin, by objective standards, is way more popular* than Obama, Harper, Cameron, or any other leader in our part of the world that can be quoted. But don't let the facts get in the way, eh?

I see that the improved relations between China and Russia is really starting to annoy Garry Kimovich...

Soon China might claim it must invade large swaths of Russia to "protect Chinese people" & have much better claims than Putin in Crimea!
                    There's also another related tweet, seems racist to me, in which Kasparov writes of the "Sinification" of Siberia and the Russian Far East. Don't know if his supporters want to dwell on that one.

Anyway, there's plenty of evidence of more of the same, shrill, Putin-phobia that we've come to expect. I don't know if Navalny, or any other limousine liberal really wants the support (read kiss of death!) from Garry Kimovich, but he's getting it anyway! lol

I would like to remind Alexei Navalny that the annexation of Crimea and the European path of development are incompatible.
                    * How popular? Gallop says at levels of 83% that support "the dictator" Putin. uh huh.
                    Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 16th October, 2014, 03:49 PM. Reason: Gallop data

Comment

Re: tweeting the neo-con way

Problem is, Putin, by objective standards, is way more popular* than Obama, Harper, Cameron, or any other leader in our part of the world that can be quoted. But don't let the facts get in the way, eh?
                      For Russians loving Putin is like buying health insurance.

Did you like the way Putin handled the greenpeace protesters? Maybe if those world leaders you mentioned showed protesters the same kind of love they too would be more popular.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-prison.html
                      Gary Ruben
                      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Garry Kimovich ... the zombie politician! No, really!

Well, one thing is clear. Kasparov's zombie claim that Siberia is being "Sinofied", other than having an ugly racist undertone, is just false anyway. Chinese people want to live in big cities, just like their Russian neighbors, and they have no more desire to live in Siberia than Russians do. Furthermore, the population in the bordering provinces of China show the same demographic patterns as the Russian ones.

"...the Chinese regions bordering the Far East are also on the verge of demographic decline. Thanks to the “one-child” policy and the fertility decline that inevitably accompanies urbanization, China’s overall level of population growth is a lot slower than it was in the past. The slowest growing regions in all of China, though, are two of the provinces bordering Russia, Jilin and Heilongjiang."

I guess it's only that weird Canadian gene that makes us love cities like Winnipeg, Regina, and Yellowknife. lol.

No, seriously. Paul Krugman talks about zombie ideas: ideas that keeps being killed by empirical evidence, but that nonetheless shamble forward because it suits a particular political agenda. They keep coming back like, well, zombies. lol.

Garry Kimovich Kasparov. The zombie politician. You read it here first.

No one is going to "seize" Siberia and zombie ideas that won't die.
                        Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 16th October, 2014, 11:22 PM. Reason: fun

Comment

Re: Garry Kimovich ... the zombie politician! No, really!

Love this Kasparov tweet

Play, study, quit Twitter! RT @CoolManishJha: you are the best ever chess player can you please tell how can i can become a pro chess player

Comment

Re: Garry Kimovich ... the zombie politician! No, really!

Can we understand from your reply you agree with Putin''s method of dealing with the protesters of Greenpeace? You seem to be dancing around that part.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

more zombie ideas.

Can we understand from your reply you agree with Putin''s method of dealing with the protesters of Greenpeace? You seem to be dancing around that part.
                              Actually, Putin is a lot more understanding of Greenpeace than the Harper regime in Ottawa, which indiscriminately treats all environmentalists as terrorists, all Native people as criminals, and has planning meetings with CSIS, the oil and gas industry, and government officials all in the same room in order to deal with the "terrorists". The late Wiebo Ludwig is just one of many turned into a terrorist by an indifferent and cruel regime in Ottawa.

The Greenpeace activists boarded an oil rig, putting the staff at risk, and were initially charged with piracy. That was later downgraded to hooliganism, and later, after a large amnesty (and an expensive international Greenpeace campaign) they were all let go, sans charges. How barbaric of the Russians. Putin actually expressed sympathy with the activists, if disagreeing with their methods, which is in marked contrast to the Harper regime which, as I've noted, treats them all as prospective terrorists and has nothing but haughty contempt for people who wish to see another path of development besides idolatry of the petro-state that is Harper's mantra.

"When [somebody] is climbing on the platform [they] are creating an emergency situation, [and] the operator [of the rig] could have made more than one error. They are distracted from the ongoing work. Among other things, there were divers underwater and their lives were in danger,” said Putin in November (2013). "

This has what to do with Kasparov's zombie ideas anyway? I mean, other than the zombie idea of "Putin bad" and "XYZ good" ?
                              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Friday, 17th October, 2014, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Re: more zombie ideas.

Actually, Putin is a lot more understanding of Greenpeace than the Harper regime in Ottawa, which indiscriminately treats all environmentalists as terrorists, all Native people as criminals, and has planning meetings with CSIS, the oil and gas industry, and government officials all in the same room in order to deal with the "terrorists". The late Wiebo Ludwig is just one of many turned into a terrorist by an indifferent and cruel regime in Ottawa.

The Greenpeace activists boarded an oil rig, putting the staff at risk, and were initially charged with piracy. That was later downgraded to hooliganism, and later, after a large amnesty (and an expensive international Greenpeace campaign) they were all let go, sans charges. How barbaric of the Russians. Putin actually expressed sympathy with the activists, if disagreeing with their methods, which is in marked contrast to the Harper regime which, as I've noted, treats them all as prospective terrorists and has nothing but haughty contempt for people who wish to see another path of development besides idolatry of the petro-state that is Harper's mantra.

"When [somebody] is climbing on the platform [they] are creating an emergency situation, [and] the operator [of the rig] could have made more than one error. They are distracted from the ongoing work. Among other things, there were divers underwater and their lives were in danger,” said Putin in November (2013). "

This has what to do with Kasparov's zombie ideas anyway? I mean, other than the zombie idea of "Putin bad" and "XYZ good" ?
                                It's nice to see you find the faults of Greenpeace which contributed to them being held and their ship seized. A nice bond was paid. Personally, I simply laugh at most Greenpeace stunts.

That you feel you need to use Ludwig for justification and try to portray him as some kind of victim is laughable. Particularly when you put it in the same category as some who might be legitimate protesters.
                                Gary Ruben
                                CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                                X