Kitchener Ontario September Open Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchener Ontario September Open Results

The surprise of the tournament had to be Mate Milinkovic. He lived up to his name angling for mate in his first 3 games and nice sacks in all of them. After taking a 3-0 lead he was softened up by Sean Lei in a long endgame before succumbing to yours truly also in an endgame (I didnt want anything to do with his tactics!). Mate tied with Dan McGlynn and Mario Piccinin for first in the under 2000. Sean Lei also played well drawing complicated games against Jude Aniunoh and Hans Jung to tie for first in the open with Hans. (open and u-2000 were combined). Peter Downie missed a puzzle like draw (pointed out by Gord Olheiser - very nice passed pawn tactics Gord!) in his last round game in the under 1600 against Sid Gandhi. As a result Peter Downie and Sid Gandhi tied for first in the u-1600. The tournament drew an abysmal 18 total entries.

Re: Kitchener Ontario September Open Results

I should qualify: 18 total paid entries.

Comment

I have posted some pictures.To see
      theses pictures you have to be a
      member of Chesstalk and log in.
      Click on my avatar and click on
      any picture to make it bigger.:)

Comment

Apologies for missing Kristen Li who also tied for first in the under 2000. For so few players alot (8) won prizes. Thanks Brian for running a smooth tournament.

Comment

Working...
        X