World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2014 Győr (Hungary) 12-22 December Part two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2014 Győr (Hungary) 12-22 December Part two

We are looking into the possibility of sending a second Canadian team to Győr. We need at least one more player (in which case we would send two teams of four players if permitted) and possibly three players if we want to send full five person teams. We need to know soon as the hotels are filling up and airline tickets are going up in price.

Players who have so far expressed strong interest in going:

Razvan Preoutu
    Richard Wang
    Jason Cao
    Michael Song
    Qiyu Zhou
    Jackie Peng
    Mark Plotkin

Michael Barron has helped kickstart player contacts. At the moment the CFC will pay $500 towards each official player's air fare and we will pay the entry fees for the first team. The organizers will pay food and accommodation for the first team. We are working out the details on what we can offer the second group of players but before we get too far into that we need one to three more players. Accommodation costs are very reasonable so it is conceivable that we could offer a fairly attractive package to both teams.

I believe that there are some players who have been contacted but have not responded. Please do so soon.

Re: World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2014 Győr (Hungary) 12-22 December Part two

Hi Vlad,

I understand that Canada will participate with two teams. If the selection for the first team is done, will selection for second team be done on the same criteria as the first one?

Can the list be updated with the names of all the players who requested to be part of the teams?

Thanks

Amdrei
    Last edited by Andrei Botez; Saturday, 27th September, 2014, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

I believe that there are some players who have been contacted but have not responded. Please do so soon.
      Hi Vlad,

Did anyone contact #4 on Canadian FIDE list for U16 Janak Awatramani (2222)?

I can try to contact him if you don't have his info.

Andrei

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Botez View Post
        Hi Vlad,

Did anyone contact #4 on Canadian FIDE list for U16 Janak Awatramani (2222)?

I can try to contact him if you don't have his info.

Andrei
        We had decided to use CFC ratings as the deciding factor in part due to the fact that using CFC ratings yields the same ranked list at least for the first team and other considerations like the higher K factor and the fact that the B section of the Canadian Open has not yet been FIDE rated unfairly disadvantages those who played there. We also found where memberships are expired the players do not show up in our searches which might not be that bad. Our regular Olympiad team has an activity rule requiring you to play a certain number of games to qualify. We could almost form a team BC from all the players expressing interest from that province.

Comment

I received this e-mail from Victoria Doknjas today:

World Youth U16 Chess Olympiad (Dec 12-21, 2014) in Gyor, Hungary. This is a 10 rounds, 4-player team competition and there are 3 Canadian teams participating. Altogether, 54 teams have entered.

I will be helping Team Canada again in the official capacity of Team Canada photographer and posting photos on all 3 Canadian Teams on the Chess Federation of Canada Facebook page:
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chess...63031117086480

Results and standings will be updated at this link:
          http://chess-results.com/tnr154079.a...flag=30&wi=821

More info on the event can be found here:
          http://wyco2014.chess.hu/?lang=en

Victoria Jung-Doknjas
          Official Team Canada Photographer at the World Youth U16 Chess Olympiad

===================

Team Canada-1:
          1. IM Razvan Preotu
          2. IM Richard Wang
          3. FM Jason Cao
          4. Michael Song
          5. WFM Qiyu Zhou

Team Canada-2:
          1. Mark Plotkin
          2. CM John Doknjas
          3. Hong Rui Zhu
          4. Joshua Doknjas
          5. WIM Jackie Peng

Team Canada-3:
          1. CM Diwen Shi
          2. Terry Guannan Song
          3. Max Gedajlovic
          4. Jason Cai
          5. Janet Peng

Comment

Three teams for Canada! Awesome! Good Luck and good play to every team member!

Comment

The correct link for the chess-results is http://chess-results.com/tnr153962.aspx?lan=1

Comment

Working...
              X