Canadians in Millionaire Chess?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians in Millionaire Chess?

With Millionaire Chess approaching fast, I don't see too many familiar Canadians taking part.
    So ..... unless that changes, I'll be cheering for Wesley.

Re: Canadians in Millionaire Chess?

I will play in Millionaire Chess open. Actually, i'm 102th on 123 players in the Open, so, no pressure :-) I played in the HB Global Chess Challenge in 2005 and hope that it will not be a one hit this time.

Réjean Tremblay, Quebec City.

Comment

Originally posted by Réjean Tremblay View Post
      I will play in Millionaire Chess open. Actually, i'm 102th on 123 players in the Open, so, no pressure :-) I played in the HB Global Chess Challenge in 2005 and hope that it will not be a one hit this time.

Réjean Tremblay, Quebec City.
      Good luck!

Comment

Hi Rejean! Good Luck et Bon Chance! .....while I will be following Wesley with interest, I will be cheering for all waving the Canadian flag!

Comment

Thanks for the encouragements guys!

Réjean Tremblay

Comment

I shake hands and speak with Maurice Ashley tonight and said that i wait for this tournament since 9 years (i played in his Global Chess Challenge at Minneapolis in 2005). Maurice Ashley's answer: I wait for this tournament since 12 years!

I understand that $500 000 US in prize in 2005 was only half his ambition :-)

The Millionaire Chess Open start tomorrow october 9th.

http://www.millionairechess.com

Réjean Tremblay
            Last edited by Réjean Tremblay; Thursday, 9th October, 2014, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Love View Post
              With Millionaire Chess approaching fast, I don't see too many familiar Canadians taking part.
              So ..... unless that changes, I'll be cheering for Wesley.
              The tournament starts today on Wesley's 21st birthday. I guess he's now old enough to legally imbibe in Missouri (:

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
                The tournament starts today on Wesley's 21st birthday. I guess he's now old enough to legally imbibe in Missouri (:
                If he want to make this and don't want to miss the next round, better is Nevada instead of Missouri :-)

Comment

As of Oct 1, there were 525 entries. With most paying $1000 each, entry fees will barely cover half the prize fund - not to mention other expenses (TD's, site, publicity, etc.).

http://millionairechess.com/news/registration-list/

Comment

Website is down..

Comment

The website is back online, with results from round 1 of the open section only. There are currently no live games in round 2, which was scheduled to start at 7.00 pm Las Vegas time (10.00 Toronto time).

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                        The website is back online, with results from round 1 of the open section only. There are currently no live games in round 2, which was scheduled to start at 7.00 pm Las Vegas time (10.00 Toronto time).
                        You can follow the live action at ChessBomb.

http://www.chessbomb.com/arena/2014-million

Comment

Although the website reports 525 entries as of Oct. 1, only about 475 were paired at the start of round 1.

Arthur Calugar is playing in the Open section. Both him and Rejean Tremblay lost their first-round games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                            Although the website reports 525 entries as of Oct. 1, only about 475 were paired at the start of round 1.
                            There is a 4-day option in some sections, if I remember the rules correctly.

Comment

Le Quang Liem (2706), the #3 seed, is the first top seed to fall, losing to China's IM Wan Yunguo (2489). Wesley So (2755), Bu Xiangzhi (2710), and Yu Yangyi (2697) all remain perfect at 2/2. As does Sam Shankland (2633), America's surprise Gold Medal winner in Tromso, who beat Irina Krush last night. The other big upset that catches my eye is 14-year-old IM Jeffery Xiong (2470) taking down GM Alexsey Dreev (2654).

Comment

Working...
                              X